Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing 3 Sciences for LC

Options
  • 27-11-2004 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else here done this, or are doing it now? I did it last year and I was just wondering how ppl found it? Which was easiest/most difficult? I know the common preconception is that Physics is most difficult and Biology easiest but I found it the other way around! Biology has way more work needed to get an A1 compared to Physics even tho it's easier to understand. What ye think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Has anybody else here done this, or are doing it now? I did it last year and I was just wondering how ppl found it? Which was easiest/most difficult? I know the common preconception is that Physics is most difficult and Biology easiest but I found it the other way around! Biology has way more work needed to get an A1 compared to Physics even tho it's easier to understand. What ye think?

Did it way back when I did the LC, did applied maths too.

Found Physics, Honours Maths and Applied Maths very easy to study as a block.

Biology and to a lesser degree Chemistry involved alot more learning and alot less understanding to get the A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭L!aM

Bio is a huge subject. Most of the Maths subjects (if you have the mind for it) are a lot easier because they're less subjective. So if you grasp the concept or learn the formula, you're home and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If applied maths, physics and chemistry counts as 3 sciences...
    That's what I did. I found they fit together nicely, and I enjoyed them all. Ended up with A1s in all 3 and in honours maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Physics, for me, was drop dead simple. In saying that I switched to music and kept Bio and Chem instead. (Grrrrrrr phsics teacher killkillkill)

Chem is pretty simple as long as you practice, and Bio is just one of those subjects where you have to sit down and study. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

yep, I do all 3. Physics is a lot easier than I expected. Bio is tough, but I have a brilliant teacher, so it's not so bad. chem is ok, but I have a boring teacher who ruins it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

If applied maths, physics and chemistry counts as 3 sciences...
    That's what I did. I found they fit together nicely, and I enjoyed them all. Ended up with A1s in all 3 and in honours maths.
    wow! my friend did Physics, chemistry and biology. he got and A2, A2 and A1 respectively. hes now in medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Physics, chem and biology is nice combination actually cause if you work you know you can get te marks, it's not subjective like exams where you have to write essays. Don't think it's difficult as ppl have preconception of. Fair few ppl on my course did all 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnchaughey

I agree with many of the other opinions on this site. Biology and to a certain degree chemistry require less quantitative reasoning. However, there are some quantitative elements in some disciplines of biology. If you find your strength is in physics, you may also excel in applied maths or maths generally. You may also enjoy genetics, as well as evolution, ecology, population biology, biochemistry and molecular biology which are the most quantitative/logical/conceptual of the biology disciplines. Good luck! -John

Advertisement