Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Service History

Options
  • 03-02-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

I'm due to service my car now this month. I'm doing it myself as the garages are taking the piss these days, now my question is i havn't got the full service history of the car (Dealer never stamped the book).
    i know it's been fully serviced as my uncle used to own it. I'm basically trying to find out whats been replaced and what hasn't.The cars got over 180000miles on the clock. He'll have a look for receipts ,but there probably buried somewhere., I only have the last service and a receipt for a fuelpump replacement.

Its been serviced by the one garage Windsor Rialto. Would they give me a copy of the service history of the car. Anyone have any experience with this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you're nice to them, they'll stamp the book and give you copies of invoices for any work they have on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Cheers, not too worried about the service book stamped. Just want the history of whats done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Theyll probably even do that over the phone.

Cool I'll try that, my real concern is when the coolant and gearbox fluids was changed last.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why worry about them? Just change them and you'll have piece of mind

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Why worry about them? Just change them and you'll have piece of mind

True enough, i'll give them a bell and check when it was done last and i'll go from there. If i'm unsure i'll just change it.

thanks Lads

Advertisement