Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find chilli sauce?

• 03-02-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hi

what is the best chilli sauce on the market?

i love the one from my chinese in the shredded chilli chicken dish.its fairly hot which i love so the hotter the better!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

If you like really hot chilli sauces try http://www.enconasauces.co.uk/
    but these are not the chinese variety. Try Tesco or other big supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 the pants man

if you like your chilli sauce hot and you use alot of it why not try making some yourself. its fairly easy just pop some sugar and water in a pot and boil until it reduces and almost changes colour then add a bit of vinegar along with some garlic, ginger and of course chilli with or without the seeds, then leave to boil for a bit and then put it in the blender. finished. it will last for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

You'll probably do better for range and price in the oriental shops than the supermarkets. The Asia Market in Drury Street has about a thousand to choose from, mild, hot, sweet, you name it... 'The Best' all depends what you like, but some of them will blow your head off quite succesfully.

Check the ingredients - some contain stupid amounts of sugar.

Personally I like Cock Brand "Strong" Thai Sriracha chilli sauce.

Advertisement