Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If You Could Change The Nationality Of One Player...

2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :D Unsurprisingly I agree with you.
    I'm amazed. I thought you'd say Roy Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

gerrard,you could stick kaka or ronaldo in their but i think gerrard would make more difference to the team doing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

DSB wrote: »
    John O'Shea.
    rofl

I'd take Anderson. Young - strong - fast, good on the abll and looks like a very promising star
    Sqaull20 wrote: »
    24 year old Henry...

We have had great players like Keane,Brady,Giles before who were comparable to modern day greats like Essien,Messi,Iniesta, but we have never had anyone like a young Henry, that pace,skill,power etc...

Todays game I would go for Kaka, he has alot of what Henry had, with a much more advanced football brain than Cris Ronaldo.....

Ah now come on - someone's giving you the power to change someone's nationality (Bertie Style) and you want time travel abilities too....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Nailz wrote: »

Given(c)
    --McShane--Dunne--Vidic--O'Shìte--
    Carsley
    --A.Reid
    Duff--
    Hunt

Doyle
    Keane

Given
    Kelly---McShane---Dunne---O'Shea
    S.Reid

Fabregas
    A.Reid
    ---Ireland
    Duff

Keane

We can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

R O' Naldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Fabregas/Gerrard/Essien/Alonso, someone like that

Anderson or Lucas would be superb too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

going out - kilbane, it pains me to see this lad on an international pitch, he is, in my opinion, the worst player we have in the squad.

coming in - any center half or left back, half decent, cos mcshane is also terrible. our attacking 6, when all available, is pretty good.

given

kelly _ dunne _ an other _ o shea
    Duff _ Ireland _ S Reid _ Hunt
    Keane _ Doyle

though i have to say, andy reid could easily fit into midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh, he's lost some weight has he?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

oh, he's lost some weight has he?
    :)

hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Well technically if you you'd have to pick someone really young that can control Irish games for the next 15 years so it goes to Fabregas.

However, if you gave me one game I'd choose O'Ronaldo currently. He's as close to unplayable as you get these days.

People will harp on about how he needs the ball but he doesn't need it that often. He's pretty bloody good at set pieces and he can play on either wing or up top.

And I hate him and am an Arsenal fan!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gosplan wrote: »
    Well technically if you you'd have to pick someone really young that can control Irish games for the next 15 years so it goes to Fabregas.
    That's scary.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Anderson or Lucas would be superb too.
    Didn't see much of Lucas TBH, what's he like in comparison to Anderson? Because Anderson, there I say it, looks like the Paul Scholes replacement! :eek: Most of us Utd fans taught we'd never find one!
    given

kelly _ dunne _ an other _ o shea
    Duff _ Ireland _ S Reid _ Hunt
    Keane _ Doyle

In all fairness if I was `da Gaffer` I would try and fit in Duff, Hunt and Andy Reid in the same team, and would work me arse off trying to find a decent full back for Christ sake! O'Shea, grand, he can have a good game if he didn't lose concentration so much, so Kelly would be dropped. But I picked Vidic becauce center half is more important defencively. Jesus Christ O'Brian you had to be stubern, didn'tcha'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

cson wrote: »
    If You Could Change The Nationality Of One Player...

One player would not be enough :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Actually, now I think about it Micah Richards would be nice. Young and quality. Him or Vidic would plug some holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Actually, now I think about it Micah Richards would be nice. Young and quality. Him or Vidic would plug some holes

That wouldn't be a subtle joke at his pre-Christmas antics would it?! If not it shoulda been! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pato Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

we need someone strong in the centre of the pitch, I'd say... hmm... Essien.

Advertisement