Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing out & Network Errors

Options
  • 03-02-2008 10:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This happening to anyone else?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Seems okay here*. Is it happening when submitting a thread/reply or just random?

*make sure you enter through sekrit mod portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This happening to anyone else?
    Intermittent problems here too, just stuck my head in to ask the same question.

Not bad though ... just now and again.
    Ruu wrote: »
    Seems okay here*. Is it happening when submitting a thread/reply or just random?
    Both ...

(Ruu, I've told you before ... publicly inviting people to enter your sekrit portal is a no-no!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Not until just after I clicked on this thread? Wierd.

Is the OP's fault... :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Ruu wrote: »

*make sure you enter through sekrit mod portal.

When posting new threads, new posts or infracting.

*maybe that's the problem, I was using the wormhole, I'll try that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I get it the odd time, a refresh usually solves it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Tried logging on and did not succeed until the third try. Very unusual for me.

Edit: Running sluggish, just timed me out when trying to bring up Today's Posts under Quick Links.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Not until just after I clicked on this thread? Wierd.

Is the OP's fault... :(

Ditto, damn you OP

hee hee

/beats hammer off node 5

/beats hammer off node 5
    Where's Seven of Nine when you need her? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

At home? (Grid Nine-Two of Subjunction Twelve)

• Advertisement

Hmmm ... we seem to be back to normal ...

/touches wood & crosses fingers and toes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's happening to me too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope. Getting loads, the New Posts feature is dead as far as I can tell.

er its back :o

Mike.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Occasionally taking ages for pages to load. I've had one time out and one database error as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I couldn't get on a few times yesterday morning and Friday night. I've a thread about it below. Don't know if it's the same problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

timing out a fair bit here. like around every 10 page generations or so.

bizarre.

edit: it's becoming far worse now as the night moves on. more like 9 put of 10.

Ok, it did seem to have cleared up earlier, but hitting a bad patch in the last 15 minutes or so ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Was doing it to me this afternoon, and again tonight. Thought it was my wireless link for a while. Hopefully this will post now...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tis fairly dodgy, sometimes its fast sometimes its slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Errors all over the shoppe and slowness. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Two of the web nodes were being drama llama's
    Everything should be ok from 6.30am onwards, The site might be a lil sluggish while I have those two nodes out of the pool but they should be back in it by lunch time.
    Danny

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Those web nodes are awful fussy, there always kicking up a fuss!

Asok wrote: »
    Two of the web nodes were being drama llama's
    Everything should be ok from 6.30am onwards, The site might be a lil sluggish while I have those two nodes out of the pool but they should be back in it by lunch time.
    Danny

Mmm llamas.

Was taking a long time for pages to open with pressing 'reply' or 'quote' just there.

Nice wan Asok!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Excellent, although what am I going to do for the rest of today? it takes me three goes to read/reply to threads. I was all smug and everything reading this last night until I came in to work and had problems. :( Oh boards, you're a fickle mistress

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its been brutal all afternoon for me. Getting progressively worse over the last hour :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ennischappie

Probably all down to Thaedydal's sopping lesbo twat stinking out the mainframe again. Try vagi-clean, ya stank ho !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Stephen wrote: »
    Its been brutal all afternoon for me. Getting progressively worse over the last hour :eek:
    Ditto.

Advertisement