Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin problem

• 03-02-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi im 25 year old girl.Over the last few months i have had a terrible break out on both of my jaw lines, it just wont go away, it really sore and horrible looking any advice how to heal them fast. all replies welcome Thank you:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

ok ive had this previously,,do the following for 3 weeks and then come back and tell me how ur getting on,,i guarantee its work

exercise 4 times a week
    cut out all junk,,only eat chicken fish and veg and fruit
    drink up to 3 litres of water a day
    get a deep cleansing crea and use it daily
    get a moisturiser and use it twice daily

do this for 3wks and it will clear up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

ok ill try it. thanks ill let you know how i get on:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Yep, it's probably definitely something you've changed in your diet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

Hi Fishyfreak,

I have the same problem, its so horrible. I've had it for a couple of years now so i've read a good bit about it. I'm not sure wat site i read this on but it bacically said that women over 18 who suffer from spots generally get them on their jaw line and lower cheeks and that this its adult acne. So basically what their saying is its a hormonal imbalance... and there could be any number of reasons why they are imbalanced... stress, diet, pill etc...

I've tried 2 different types of antibiotics, and 3 different pills. They all made it worse except one of the antibiotics called Minocin. It cleared mine right up but as soon as i came off it they came back but i do know people who it worked for.

If what budner1 suggests dosen't work for you, i suggest you go to your doc and try an antibiotic or something because your skin might scar if you leave it.

If they are the same type of spots i get, they are just like deep cysty things rather than pimples and they are always there.... one thing i recommend that has really helped me is Dermalogica skin products, they are pricey but are worth it, even if you just get 'Dermalogica medicated clearing gel' and spread it over the entire area.

And also if you wear makeup, try and use a mineral foundation as it doesn't clog the pores... can't say i stick to that one myself!!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Hi OP, for occasional breakouts I use 'blemish free' products available in boots.. supposedly make up artists to the stars use it! But the problem usually comes from within so I agree with the fresh foods and plenty of water, although if you suddenly cut out caffeine and junk it can make skin worsen before it gets better.
    Theres a great place on Wicklow Street called Anne Mc Devitts and they do consultations and recommend which products to use. I went as a teenager and used a glycolic regime which gave amazing results! Be prepared to pay though! Products cost between 40 and 80 euros but last a few months.
    Also try not let it stress you out if you can. And going for some long walks can help. Hope you find something that works for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

i know from a brief description of face mapping that spots on either side of the chin are connected to periods.. menstrual stuff. Maybe its just that change of diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HollyGoLightly_

I went through a period of getting bad breakouts on my chin and on my forehead last summer. I have a friend who had very severe acne all over her face and on her back and chest too up until last year. She told me she'd tried a food supplement callen S.K.N Clear by Solo and that it had worked miracles for her. While she still has very bad scaring she has had no spots since around 3 weeks of starting to take it. I tried it and I found it excellent. It really improved my skin within 2 weeks and I never get spots now. I've known other friends who've tried it and it's helped all of them to some degree( not with miracle results across the board but there's an improvement in all 5 ). I think it's definitely worth you trying.I notice my skin deteriorates now if I stop taking it for a few weeks. You get it in any health food shop and costs around 24Euro for one month but I always think it's a small price for something that works. It's totally natural. The ingredients are Zinc and other minerals and vitamins that help your skin along with herbs that balance your hormones (redclover and burdock I think).

Also if your diet includes soya definitely try giving that up. I find it always gave me really severe spots within 3 days of eating it(although it took me along time to cop onto this unfortunately!). I'd always thought it was just me until recently 3 people told me they found the same and then I read online that it's actually quite a common problem in people who eat soya as part of a western based diet.

Hope some of that might help. Good luck sorting it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Hey there, I know that this sound silly, but i get occasional breakouts on chin/jaw area, and I've noticed that I would touch/rub the area a lot subconsiously, which is really bad for you skin especially if your hand are not 100% clean! Once I noticed this, I've stopped and have had less breakouts.

Also, my mum has quite bad adult acne, and used to eat lots of nuts, she went to a dermatologist that told her that certain type of nuts can create excess oil resulting in spots, she's now stopped eating nuts and has noticed a reduction in spots.

Try facials specifically designed for acne, such as a tailor-made dermalogica acne facial, they helped me a lot.
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Becah, I had the same prob, constantly touching my face & its just rubbin dirt into your pores :( Also, changing your shampoo when you have long hair has often left me with real bad spots on the sides of my face. I also heard that this area is related to menstruation.

Hopefully something here works for you, you've plenty to try judging by the above posts so best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DEEDEE30

Think outbreaks on the jawline are related to your hormones, perphaps taking some evening primrose oil would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Try Clinique, or try and get Tetralysal tablets from you're doctor. Still though, it could be in your diet

Advertisement