Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair Game in Ireland

• 03-02-2008 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and members of a protest group are wondering what Irelands legal stance is regarding the use of Fair Game by Scientologists.
    those of you that dont know what it is : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology)

Just want to put peoples minds at ease/inform them how far Fair Game is legally allowed go in Ireland

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I believe the purpose of 'fair game' is to attack, using legal (semi-legal) methods.

Have you asked for Garda presence?
    Might be a good idea, especially since they offered their service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

its more about whether they could use the group page to track down members and fair game them.
    is it legal in ireland to picket someones house/follow them around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im sure following people around counts as harassment, not sure about Picketing homes, but I cant see that happening here.

Anyway, Im sure you have heard many of the stories regarding "Fair Game". even when its a camera crew involved, that doesnt stop them and there never seems to be any legal repercutions afterwards (against CoS).

From the john sweeny docu a while back. John talked to a critic of the church asking what to expect. He talked about the fair game policy and warned that you shouldnt say/do anything against the church unless you are prepared for the possible fallout afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

yeah,thats what i pretty much told the members. thanks

Advertisement