Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for financial adviser reccomendation

Options
  • 04-02-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm an Eddie Hobbs fan (apart from the recent speculation about Brendan Investments) but i like his unconventional attitude, his wit and his ideas.
    A friend of mine was at a speech he had the other day and she said he was full of practical stuff about investing and the no-no's at the mo.

so, i want advice.........but not from Eddie cos i could'nt afford him but someone like him..........and most importantly an INDEPENDENT Advisor who does not have an agenda or an affiliation with any banks or providers. I need advice on my finance's, investments and pensions. Distance is no hassle to travel.

Can anyone recommend a really good advisor/consultant?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Can anyone recommend a really good advisor/consultant?
    Thanks.

Who needs one - just cut up the damn card!

:D

sorry, had to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

nereid wrote: »
    Who needs one - just cut up the damn card!

:D

sorry, had to be done

WTF? what is this reply about?
    I dont have a spending problem - infact, i have lots of cash and need solid advice on investments etc.
    thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

WTF? what is this reply about?
    I dont have a spending problem - infact, i have lots of cash and need solid advice on investments etc.
    thank you.

you are a fan of eddie hobbs and don't know of his trade mark slogan?

you have so much cash that you are asking internet people for money and investment advice?

nereid wrote: »
    you are a fan of eddie hobbs and don't know of his trade mark slogan?

you have so much cash that you are asking internet people for money and investment advice?

When i said I'am a fan, I'm not an Anorak so I did'nt know that his slogan............wow......i must get out more than most here.:p

ohhhh, and i'm not asking internet people for money and investment advice - I'm seeking a serious referal of a good advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Advice from Eddie Hobbs would be nothing to write home about TBH. FFS Brendan Investments? :confused: The biggest pile of steaming piss I've ever seen. God Almighty help all the people that invested in that fund. I've never rated Eddie Hobbs as being any good at all.

Well suggest someone you DO rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Ahhh
    you can either
    1. go into your bank and take to investment advisor
    2. call the Institute of Bankers and ask for referral
    3. what direction you want to put your money? what age are you? have you family? alll this stuff has to be taken into account

imo - get high interest acc from AIB/PTSB etc look at Financial Time for interest rates in the banks. Keep the money getting high interest until you decided
    Jeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm changing the title of this thread to be more accurate.

Can people keep their posts to the point? If you don't have some decent recommendations, please don't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pedro2008

* snip *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eazy Mortgages

You need to look for a ''Multi Agency Advisor'' or a ''Authorised Advisor''. Full lists can be found on the Financial Regulator's web site.

Advertisement