Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 - COD 4 - Stuck in Lobby!!!!!

• 04-02-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hi all, this isnt day 1 of my problem. so here my datablast of info... bad influence circa '95 style!

Signs in xbox live okay. find game, ok, team deathmatch, ok. and then im in the lobby. waiting and waiting and a game never starts. other players join the lobby but they all disappear when the countdown for match start ends.

during my lobby time. the network in my house slows to a total stand still.
    i.e. my laptop.

the xbox 360 is wired to my router with a static ip. and nat is open.
    the router is a d-link 524 b3 revision, firmware is 2.02.

i know on the xbox website that it doesn't list the 2.02, but we'll get to that a little later.

i've removed the router from the situation. and gave my xbox 360 my external ip and. the exact same thing happens.

now. here's the thing. everything worked fine before the massive xbox live down time before christmas. and im not saying its related. im saying thats how long its been since i got a good game.

all the ports are forwarded on my router for the xbox.

i can download games and demos from xbox live no problem. my isp is Net1, whom i've never had any problems with.

i can also get games of team fortress when ever i try, and so far this problem seems to be directly connected to COD4, but i may be getting lucky with team fortress 2.

i have contacted xbox live support and they told me to contact activision.
    i contacted activision and they told to try everything above that i've tried.
    im in the middle of contacting Net1 to see if anyone else is having similiar problems.

anyway. any ideas? ye are a knowledgeable lot here.

Stuck in Lobby

CheapWildeyed is my gamertag.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Well let me say that I didn't understand a lot of that.
    Just keep rying till you get a game,then instead of waiting for more games just go into your recent played gamers list and jump into a game with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

what broadband are u using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

seems a bit strange that team fortress works and cod4 wont. Try deleting the cod files on the xbox hard drive maby some of them are corrupt had a problem witha command and conquer a while ago that this fixed. Other than that try setup a new profile and see if that helps would really seem like an activision or live problem if one game works and another dosnt.

Advertisement