Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small problem with logging in.

• 04-02-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭

Up to a few days ago every time I clicked on a link to a new post in the email notification I was automatically logged in to boards.ie. But now I have to enter my user name and password each time. Even after doing that if I leave the computer for a few minutes I have to log in again. I have noticed the same happens with another site I frequent.

Its not a major problem but just annoying. Anyone got any ideas as to what is wrong. Oh and keep the answers simple as I am certainly no techie ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

** Most sites requiring login, have a smallRemember Me” or "Keep Me Signed\Logged In" check box, Make sure you have it ticked.

- OR -

Have you cleared/deleted your Internet\Browser History cache recently? (If you have, it's gone until you build it up again over time.)

It may be just a case of having "Auto complete" turned off?

You can check this by doing the following,

1. Click on Tools in the IE menu
    2. Select Internet Options
    3. Select the Content Tab
    4. Click the Settings button in the AutoComplete section
    5. Select the checkboxes you desire

- OR -

it's got to do with the clearing/deleting of your temporary Internet files & cookies.

Have you manually deleted them lately?

Or maybe one of your security programs is doing it automatically.

Have a look in the "Tools>Internet Options>Advanced TAB" section of your Browser. look under the security section to see if they're being deleted automatically.

How To Check Your cookies.

Start Internet Explorer.
    From the toolbar select Tools.
    Select Internet Options.
    Select the Privacy tab.
    Under Settings, click the Advanced button.
    Place a check in the Override Automatic Cookie Handling check box.
    Under First Party Cookies, select the Accept option.
    Under Third Party Cookies, select the Accept option.
    Note: If you do not wish to automatically accept cookies, select the Prompt option instead. You will then be prompted every time a Web site tries to send you a cookie.
    Click OK.
    In the Internet Options window, click OK.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for the reply gadgetman. I did a "disk cleanup" last week and I think I did delete everything that was ticked. I checked the items re cookies in IE and everything is fine but the problem is I use firefox as IE needs about 3 or 4 attempts as it keeps freezing.

Had a look through the settings on it and they look OK and it is set to accept cookies. Will this problem just disappear again?

Advertisement