Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Giants

• 04-02-2008 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

KICK ASS.....!

ITS OFFICIAL.

From BBC site, a classic.

Eli Manning takes a knee and that's your lot. Tom Brady, Cliff Clavin, Wade Boggs, Mike Dukakis, your boys took one hell of a beating

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

2004-NY-Giants-Photograph-C10208591.jpeg

There's only one Michael Strahan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

What a game!

The second half and especially the last quarter was unbelievable!

Nice record for the Pats

18-1 hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭westair

Yes, yes, yes....there is justice in the world. Good job Eli!!!! MVP of the super bowl!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mannings escape from being sacked to completing that throw in the 4th was a match winner...

Great game, was glued to it all the way!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

DeVore wrote: »
    Mannings escape from being sacked to completing that throw in the 4th was a match winner...

DeV.

Yeah that was really a play for the ages. The sort of thing that is highlight real material in 30 years.
    I was convinced that the Patriots would do their thing and stop them but they just couldn't pull it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

DeV.

for sure!

Also thought Umenyiora had a good game for the Giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭westair

DeV.

Going for it on 4th down and 13 was the game loser - they must have felt invincible to have done such a stupid thing.

The locker room interview with Belichick was so revealing. The guy has no grace at all. Never could stand the man mind you - well not after all that mess he got himself into. Guess that big parade on Super Tuesday is not on now.

Under the interview the NFL channel kept running the feed about the Boston Herald story - in Saturday's paper - about the possible [new] investigation into a 2002 illegal super bowl taping by NE. Watch this space folks. This story is not dead. Arlen Specter is making a lot of noise and Roger Goddell has made a statement that he is not adverse to reopening the issue. Covering his own ass of course - but watch the rats jump ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

thank you New York Giants.

if i was to die tomorrow i would officially die a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

well done new york giants. great win!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

what a final quarter...great add for the game!
    Giants defence were brilliant and mannings throw in the 4th was unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Well done Giants, as a Pats fan that game hurt like hell, I'm absolutely devastated but the way your defense and especially D-line played you deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Argh.. I wanted to bet on Patriots.. :D

Thanks God that everything's closed on Sundays.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Dont think I've seen the Brady bunch get beaten up like that ever !! GIANTS D crushed em..........

But what a play by the MVP Eli to Tyree to keep the drive going with little time left.

Absolutely went mental last night, but I've calmed down now that I'm in work...still buzzing though...what a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Thanks to the Giants i am 1600 richer.

I don't even overly follow the sport either which makes it all that sweeter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

What a game! I was kinda hoping for pats to get 19-0 but an upset was just as good in the end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

GCgirl,that pic is horribly outdated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

westair wrote: »
    Going for it on 4th down and 13 was the game loser - they must have felt invincible to have done such a stupid thing.

The locker room interview with Belichick was so revealing. The guy has no grace at all. Never could stand the man mind you - well not after all that mess he got himself into. Guess that big parade on Super Tuesday is not on now.

Under the interview the NFL channel kept running the feed about the Boston Herald story - in Saturday's paper - about the possible [new] investigation into a 2002 illegal super bowl taping by NE. Watch this space folks. This story is not dead. Arlen Specter is making a lot of noise and Roger Goddell has made a statement that he is not adverse to reopening the issue. Covering his own ass of course - but watch the rats jump ship.

Again grow up and this is a Giants thread so leave your Patriot hating crap at the door.

Congrats Giants you guys showed up Patriots didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

congrats to the Giants. An outstanding defence won you the superbowl. Spagnola is a fking genius. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Spagnola is narly guaranteed to get a head coaching job I imagine at the redskins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Congrats Giants you guys showed up Patriots didnt.

Giants made a meal of beating a non-existent opponent, then. Let them score 14 pts.

Maybe we were watching different matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

cooker3 wrote: »
    Spagnola is narly guaranteed to get a head coaching job I imagine at the redskins

I was over there last week and the sports news was all about the Redskins waiting til after SB so they could interview Spagnuola. After the way he orchestrated the Giants defence on Sunday, I'd say he's a shoo-in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Agreed. Congrats to Giants, i thought they had a chance but still didn't expect them to come through. Fair play to them. Hell of a fourth quarter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Zzippy wrote: »
    I was over there last week and the sports news was all about the Redskins waiting til after SB so they could interview Spagnuola. After the way he orchestrated the Giants defence on Sunday, I'd say he's a shoo-in...

He certainly deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 backdraft102

I'm just back from a week in New York. Went down to city hall to see the Giants return. Couldn't get near but the atmosphere was electric!! Giving out free beads and making everybody go around in circles.
    Strahan was on every tv channel. Was it just luck they got that far upfield???

Advertisement