Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results are up y'all...

• 04-02-2008 8:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

C'est tout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Thanks for the heads-up! It means I've got in while the server is in one piece. Considering it's 1st year, and how irrelevant some of the subjects were, I am pleased: GPA=3.37.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

is it just me or is it down already?cant sign into ucd connect dont mind SIS

whats the other way of getting in??

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

oh whoops nevermind, i forgot bout the link in the email!woo passed!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/ is the direct way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone know what the GPA cutoff between a 2.1 and 1.1 is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 theleprechaun

Anyone know what the GPA cutoff between a 2.1 and 1.1 is?

3.68 I think but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

woohoo!!

Glad the waiting is over. what a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey folks,

Surprisingly for me, an E was my lowest grade and it was only in one module (so I'm reasonably happy), and my GPA is 2.9... Just trying to work out now how the pass by compensation thing works.

I'm reading here, and it says:

"E grades are failing grades, which have a grade point value of 1.6.
    These E grades may convert to E(C) (pass with compensation) only
    where you have completed and obtained passing grades in modules
    accounting for 75% or more of the total credit required to successfully
    complete the stage (usually 9 modules) and the compensation GPA for
    the attempt at the stage is 2.00 or greater. Provisional E grades are
    then considered compensated and final grades of E(C) are awarded.
    The grade of E(C) carries the same grade point value of 1.6."

So does that mean that I won't find out if I've passed by compensation until I finish the second semester (and passed 75% of the modules)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

3.68 I think but don't quote me on that.
    Yep, 3.68. 3.93 here, woo hoo :D

For those that can't get into Connect either try Red Alert's link or just keep hitting refresh, it let me in after 2 mins or so.
    DaveMcG wrote: »
    So does that mean that I won't find out if I've passed by compensation until I finish the second semester (and passed 75% of the modules)?
    Yes, unfortunately. Just make sure to put in a good semester and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i got a, b+, b-, b-, c+, c+

gpa 3.33

this is a 2.2 yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Breezer wrote: »
    Yes, unfortunately. Just make sure to put in a good semester and you'll be grand.

Alright that's okay... should be alright :)

Happy enough! Passed a couple of the ones I was sh*tting it over!

And got an A+ in web design! :D But I'd say loadsa people did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ferdi thats at 2:1

Im on 3.37 so I ****ing hope it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Clearly a Fresher posting right now, but could someone explain how the GPA thing works? I got a 3.4...

you did good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

This is my first year using the GPA system as well, kind of wish I just had old-fashioned percentages again. 4.2 is the highest GPA isn't it? 3.68 is almost 88% of that so how can that compare to 70% as a rate for a first? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't really get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Iwanna

This GPA thing is pretty worthless if applying for a job/masters, phoned UCD, they had NO IDEA what the conversion from GPA to first/second etc is. I received a 3.17 which is either a two.one (as some people say it begins at 3.08) and 2.2(as some people say 2.1 begins at 3.2). Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Thanks, got an E in one and that's a great relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Ack, I'm too old to have to be transferring to this gpa lark.
    I have a 3.60 and all I've been able to work out is that it's not nearly so bad as I was expecting.

Iwanna wrote: »
    This GPA thing is pretty worthless if applying for a job/masters, phoned UCD, they had NO IDEA what the conversion from GPA to first/second etc is. I received a 3.17 which is either a two.one (as some people say it begins at 3.08) and 2.2(as some people say 2.1 begins at 3.2). Nice.
    Breezer to the rescue again (at least the second time I've posted this and I got it off here originally too) ;)

See the attached spreadsheet - the bottom right bit is what you're all looking for. The bit on the left is pre-modularisation grades, the bit on the right is post-modularisation grades and the bottom right is what GPA means in the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

OK, so just to clarify - a 2.2 is actually an honour???? A low onour, just an honouir none the less? (kinda like a C in the leaving cert)???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Danke - proves I was given the wrong grade. Gonna have to get onto my year head tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GPA of 2.73 for me. Nothing spectacular, just usual run-of-the-mill C average that I've achieved since 1st year of secondary school. Got a B in a subject I thought I failed, and a D in one I kinda passed out in:D. Gotta love arts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

4 for me.
    </gloats>

No spectacular crashes as predicted though? IT kept it together with a sneaky early morning release of the results.

xeroshero wrote: »
    OK, so just to clarify - a 2.2 is actually an honour???? A low onour, just an honouir none the less? (kinda like a C in the leaving cert)???
    Yes. Though a lot of Postgraduate courses require a 2.1 minimum.
    Sean_K wrote:
    No spectacular crashes as predicted though? IT kept it together with a sneaky early morning release of the results.
    No, but they're currently having fun telling all the Health Science courses that we're definitely able to access a particular Blackboard course, which we're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

passed thank fook!
    able to do better and I know that but still done a lot better than I thought so woooohoooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

No, but they're currently having fun telling all the Health Science courses that we're definitely able to access a particular Blackboard course, which we're not.

I do love it when they do that. They'll figure it out in about May dontcha think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Passed my repeats which is only thing i was worried about so bring on the beer, err i mean new semester.

Speaking of beer, when was the last celebratory/comiserationary beers?

yes my spelling is 'orrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annabel

Hi I am doing Pgde . I got a gpa of 3.3 I would be delighted if that was an average of a 2.1 but it is only first semester a little way to go yet . well done to all

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

t_ucd wrote: »
    This is my first year using the GPA system as well, kind of wish I just had old-fashioned percentages again. 4.2 is the highest GPA isn't it? 3.68 is almost 88% of that so how can that compare to 70% as a rate for a first? Sorry if that's a stupid question but I don't really get it.

From what I understand, any A grade is a 1.1, a B is a 2.1, and a C is a 2.2. A B+ grade starts at 3.6, so I'd imagine that 3.68 would be something like 68 or 69%. Since that's a borderline grade, and would usually be bumped up to a first in the old honours system, I'm guessing that's why it's counted as a first in the GPA system.

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Passed my repeats which is only thing i was worried about so bring on the beer, err i mean new semester.

Speaking of beer, when was the last celebratory/comiserationary beers?

yes my spelling is 'orrible.

the last one I organised that not one person showed up to. Well you did but not until I walked in, saw no one was there , and left

Advertisement