Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results are up y'all...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Breezer wrote: »
    Breezer to the rescue again (at least the second time I've posted this and I got it off here originally too) ;)

See the attached spreadsheet - the bottom right bit is what you're all looking for. The bit on the left is pre-modularisation grades, the bit on the right is post-modularisation grades and the bottom right is what GPA means in the real world.
    Thank you sir!
    So my 3.13 is a 2:1!
    Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

About flipping time and all!!
    3.73 gpa.
    I'm too old for this new fangled technology, next they'll be putting the internet on computers!! Lord save us.

http://www.ucdsu.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=92

Hmm the union is occasionally useful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

the last one I organised that not one person showed up to. Well you did but not until I walked in, saw no one was there , and left
    High time for another one then, perhaps on campus for all the lazy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm so in. Cause i'm super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hmmm.... got an email yesterday:
    Dear DAVE

You have received this e-mail because you have been registered to modules you have outstanding from semester 1 2007/2008. The details are as follows:
    HIS 20020 From Renaissance to Enlightenment: Europe 1500-1700 (E) ES

Check these details via the Online Registration Application -'Repeats/Subs/Transf Tab' against your results from semester 1. If you have not been registered to a resit/repeat for a module you have failed, please contact the Student Desk.
    If you DO intend to resit/repeat you are already registered to the module(s) listed above and no further action is required.

If you DO NOT intend to resit/repeat, you can withdraw from one or more of the modules above. To do so, you go online to the 'Repeats/Subs/Transf Tab' where you can drop the resit/repeat.

You may wish to drop a semester 1 elective resit/repeat and replace it with a different elective this semester. You drop the semester 1 elective resit/repeat in the 'Repeats/Subs/Transf Tab'.You may then go to the Electives Tab and register to a new elective. Please ensure to assign a Stage to this elective - the same Stage as the elective you have dropped.

If you wish to substitute a failed option module, drop the option resit/repeat online on the 'Repeats/Subs/Transf' tab and visit your Programme Office to have the semester 2 substitute option module added to your record.

Please note the deadline for dropping modules online is 5 pm on Friday, 8 February 2008. If you withdraw after that time you will have to pay the fee.

For further information on Resits and Repeats and Assessment generally go to http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/exam_results.htm

NOTES:
    - Resit/repeat fees are 200 Euro for each module in 2007/2008. Some substitute modules are charged at the full module fee.
    - ES status means 'entered for a resits assessment'
    These assessments do not appear in your semester timetable.
    Details on resit assessments will be available on 19 February 2008
    at http://www.ucd.ie/registry/alu/exam_results.htm
    There will be no resit assessments before week five of this semester.
    - RR status means 'registered repeat'
    Check your timetable for this module's contact hours.
    Register to any labs, tutorials etc. associated with the module by 8 February 2008.

If you require academic advice in relation to a specific module, please contact the relevant School. If your repeat clashes in any way on your Timetable with your semester 2 modules, please go to the web address mentioned above and click on 'Semester 1 Repeats Clashing with Semester 2 Modules' for important instructions and a Form you must complete.

What do you do now?
    - It is your responsibility to make sure your registration is complete.
    - If you have any queries about a specific module contact the relevant School.
    Please contact your Programme Office or the Student Desk (01-7161555, e-mail at studentdesk@ucd.ie) if you need further help.
    Wishing you every success with your studies.

UCD Registry

I got an E in that module... but from what I gather, I can still pass it by compensation if I do well in the summer exams. So what's the deal? I'm 'entered for a resits assessment'... what do I have to do now? :(

Confused, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

As it says, contact your programmes office ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

boooo........... ill ring them tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Do UCD give first class degree's with distinction if you do really well? Like if you get a 4.2 will it say something else other than 1st class honours on your degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

DaveMcG wrote: »

I got an E in that module... but from what I gather, I can still pass it by compensation if I do well in the summer exams. So what's the deal? I'm 'entered for a resits assessment'... what do I have to do now? :(

Confused, sorry!
    Got that as well, apparently you've been automatically submitted for a resit. If you're planning on not resitting and passing by compensation then you have to go onto SIS (before 5pm tomorrow) and drop that module resit. If you don't, you'll be billed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

DaveMcG wrote: »

Confused, sorry!

You pretty much have to decide whether you want to repeat the subject, if you resit the subject you will get a 2.0 however if you pass by comp then you only get a 1.6 (not completely sure but something similar). Just do what I did and cancel it, you're allowed get 3 E grades in one year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TonythePony

When you say you're allowed 3 E's do you mean three E's without resits or 3 E's before possible compensation/resits?

Advertisement