Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dodgy petrol?! anyone have problems in this garage

Options
  • 04-02-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

I filled up last week in the apple garage in Inchicore and ever since my emissions light has been on and off. I'm trying to figure out if its the car or the petrol?! has anyone had i problems after filling up there?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you get a diagnosis done to find out the reason for the emissions light? Still, any damage may be getting worse the more you drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

did you let the petrol nearly run completely out before filling? what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I do some repair work for state labs and they check petrol and diesal for duty purposes. Talking to the head techie, he tells me that petrol is generally good everywhere. Diesal on the other hand is a problem. Water contamination is typical and if you are in the border counties, god help you. Loads of washed diesal everywhere. Full of acids that will wreak your engine.

I agree with kbannon and you should get it checked ASAP. Even a quick visit to a dealer and ask the service manager nicely if he can enlighten you. At least it will give you peace of mind.

Advertisement