Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B.A. Technolgy Management

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Has anyone done/doing this course?
    http://www.it-tallaght.ie/PartTimeCourses/Management/Name,17514,en.html

Was thinking of giving it a go as it is the direction i'd like to go in my career..

I lectured on the BIS module, so I may be able to give you some general info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thanks tom fire away there

Have you any specific questions? :D

sorry Tom I thought you were going to volunteer some information!

Basically how do you think prospective empoyers wouls rate the course, also are most of the sudents current professionals etc?

Basically how do you think prospective empoyers wouls rate the course, also are most of the sudents current professionals etc?

In terms of employers, I personally believe that a BSc is better than a BA when it comes to technology (Science vs. Arts). Now that's just my personal opinion, the vast majority of employers look for a degree and don't give two hoots whether it is a BA or BSc. I don't know how highly employers regard it, but the course always had a relatively high number of students compared to other courses, if that is any indication.

All of the students were working in either management or IT, as far as I remember.

As for the course itself, it wasn't the easiest of courses. I recall looking at some of the other module material and remarking on how much was in it. The course was well run when I was there - there were a lot of senior lecturers on it (I was the techie "whizz kid" that did all the interweb stuff, leaving the "serious" stuff to the course elders :D).

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

• Advertisement

Thanks Tom, that about sums up what I wanted to know, thanks.

Sorry tom one more question, When do they start taking applications?

Sorry tom one more question, When do they start taking applications?

I don't know, I am not in the college any more. Give them a call (don't bother e-mailing them).

Will do Tom, Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement