Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland -v- Brazil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I am completely shocked by these statements,
    dnon't you comment on this board the whole time, and yet you don't watch italian or spanish soccer????

Do you just like man united and not soccer?

I'm guessing he meant live. As in at the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dnon't you comment on this board the whole time, and yet you don't watch italian or spanish soccer????

Do you watch every league in the world?

No?

Oh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Great username, very apt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I am completely shocked by these statements, I meant actually watch them in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote: »
    What, like Cyprus, or San Marino?

Jesus like, Ireland are shíte, have no manager and are in total disarray.
    I can't believe how stubborn you are with this. Player for player we're as good as Poland imo. The difference between that and shíte is enormous. The thing is you know quite we'll we're not rubbish and have a decent squad of players. And no need to go over the Cyprus and San Marino thing again. We had Stan in charge.

Even look at the Czechs. Are Rozehnal, Kovac, Galasek, Polak, Sionko, Koller, Baros better than what we've got? They're all regular starters for the Czechs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Although he is not playing for us at the moment, hope Gilberto comes back ok. God I hate International week :mad:, are Spain playing this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I can't believe how stubborn you are with this. Player for player we're as good as Poland imo. The difference between that and shíte is enormous. The thing is you know quite we'll we're not rubbish and have a decent squad of players. And no need to go over the Cyprus and San Marino thing again. We had Stan in charge.

Even look at the Czechs. Are Rozehnal, Kovac, Galasek, Polak, Sionko, Koller, Baros better than what we've got? They're all regular starters for the Czechs.

Once again agreed. Good point about the Czech team, I wasn't aware we actually had at least the same level players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    For the millionth time, we had a guy called Steve Staunton in charge. Managers are getting paid up to €6m a year for a reason.

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote:
    The players I mentioned wouldn't be pushing their Irish counterpart out of their club team imo. If you don't watch our players at club level then fair enough. :) The only flaw in my comparison is that the Czechs have a better central defence and a better striker partnership than us. They've also better full backs and the excellent Rosicky. Still though, the 7 players I mentioned are all regulars for them and are not much greater than the Irish players. Anyway, I never even said we're as good as the Czechs on paper. I compared us to Poland who topped their group. We've better players than them.

I see Brazil have called Diego up to replace Kaka. I'd be just as excited to see him start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

by your logic we needn't bother appointing a manager at all - its all down to the player and no amount of tactical knowledge, motivating skills or managerial intelligence will make a difference.

Are you on th FAI board by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eirebhoy wrote:
    I see Brazil have called Diego up to replace Kaka. I'd be just as excited to see him start.

Ok changed my mind, I think Brazil will win. I based my possible irish win on the fact the brazilians couldn't give a ****. However, a lot of the replacements actually will. Anderson will, Lucas will and Diego is just the final straw for me. Id be more fearful of a hungry Diego then a not pushed Kaka any day!

I'm kinda going with Rebel here. I was thinking that Brazil might not care, Ireland would care, result draw. But it looks like its the future stars coming out to play, so I expect Anderson and Robinho to win the match on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Eirebhoy: Rozehnal, Galasek and Koller WALK into our first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Got six tickets for the Canal (will never be able to call it anything else) so will be enjoying this one with a few mates. Haven't been to an Ireland game since the 2-2 Israel game in Lansdowne.
    PHB wrote: »
    I'm kinda going with Rebel here. I was thinking that Brazil might not care, Ireland would care, result draw. But it looks like its the future stars coming out to play, so I expect Anderson and Robinho to win the match on their own.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Diego, perhaps moreso than I was looking forward to Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Lucas was on my flight yesterday, The poor fella got mobbed. Hopefully he will be too tired today after signing all those autographs and posing for pictures to be up to much:D

Quality wrote: »
    Lucas was on my flight yesterday, The poor fella got mobbed. Hopefully he will be too tired today after signing all those autographs and posing for pictures to be up to much:D
    A(nother) girl posting in Soccer?

wtf?

• Advertisement

Ya know, I always suspected you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I wonder did the FAI pay for the flight? Ryanair from liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd mob Lucas :( love him

I always figured Tauren to be a bit of a girl the way he moans all the time :)

Funny ya mention that JamesHayes, McShane and Murphy were in front of me checking in for their RyanAir flight to Dublin from Liverpool on Saturday night, they were somewhat bemused when the clerk told them they were actually booked in for a flight the following day! seems the FAI really cant do anything right.

jameshayes wrote: »
    I wonder did the FAI pay for the flight? Ryanair from liverpool?

Yeah I'd say they probably did, He was with his woman and There must have been about 50 people in the queue getting pictures with him.

The funniest part was when he had to go to passport control. He had to go to the non eu queue, and the lad there was winding him up!" "you play for who?" "Dont believe you"

Mr Alan wrote: »

Sick f*ck. :p

You'd figure the FAI would at least fly them airlingus :P

You'd figure the FAI would at least fly them airlingus :P

Unfortunately only Ryanair fly from Liverpool....

Unfortunately only Ryanair fly from Liverpool....

The plane doesn't even get above the clouds, they might as well just save on petrol and catapult the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Yeah I'd say they probably did, He was with his woman and There must have been about 50 people in the queue getting pictures with him.

The funniest part was when he had to go to passport control. He had to go to the non eu queue, and the lad there was winding him up!" "you play for who?" "Dont believe you"

is his bird nice?

dc69 wrote: »
    is his bird nice?

Yes she was very good looking alright,,,

Typical wag, Long waist length blond hair, she was about 5'8", Black Jeans, Leather boots, Brown leather jacket, Gucci Sun glasses. Gucci hand bag.
    He had a fab suit on him and Louis vuitton luggage, His watch was Raymond weil (=very expensive).

• Advertisement

Ya know, I always suspected you...
    :p
    Excuse me, I have the rights to the loving of footballers round here :)
    Funny ya mention that JamesHayes, McShane and Murphy were in front of me checking in for their RyanAir flight to Dublin from Liverpool on Saturday night, they were somewhat bemused when the clerk told them they were actually booked in for a flight the following day! seems the FAI really cant do anything right.
    I'm nicking this for the other thread, if you don't mind.
    dc69 wrote: »
    is his bird nice?
    Ah, the proper questions start.
    Yes she was very good looking alright,,,

Typical wag, Long waist length blond hair, she was about 5'8", Black Jeans, Leather boots, Brown leather jacket, Gucci Sun glasses. Gucci hand bag.
    He had a fab suit on him and Louis vuitton luggage, His watch was Raymond weil (=very expensive).
    :eek:

You stalker.

Now...back to the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or there is the possibility that the "players" turned up on the wrong day. Professional footballers aren't known for their intelligence tbh.

Quality wrote:
    He had a fab suit on him and Louis vuitton luggage, His watch was Raymond weil (=very expensive)
    You most certainly are a girl. Such detail!!

If a guy was asked the question "is his bird nice?" the reply would've been much simpler.

"Yeah, she's blonde with big tits!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Big tits? really? now i'm listening . . . .

Team was called out on today fm there, missed the back 4 but the midfield is Carsley, Miller, Duff and McGeady and its Doyle and Keane up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Team was called out on today fm there, missed the back 4 but the midfield is Carsley, Miller, Duff and McGeady and its Doyle and Keane up front.

kjjkdsfjagfjagjfgajfhkfjgfjagfjahkhkdfhgajgfjgfjakhdfkjhfjgfjgfhakhdjgfjgfj

McGeady is terrible. Why oh why does he always get a game?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    kjjkdsfjagfjagjfgajfhkfjgfjagfjahkhkdfhgajgfjgfjakhdfkjhfjgfjgfhakhdjgfjgfj

McGeady is terrible. Why oh why does he always get a game?

To be fair i think he's someone who really SHOULD be playing friendlies as he's clearly got all the ability, just needs confidence. He always looks his best when he switches over to the left side, so hopefully this will be taken into account with him and Duff swapping around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so looks like we only have one of our best 5 midfielders playing - duff. the other 3 should only be subs. Ireland, Reid (X2) and Hunt are better players than the other 3.

I would assume back 4 is along the lines of

kelly - dunne - mcshane - o shea ??

lets hope that kilbanes international days are coming to an end.

edit, just checked fai website

back 4 is

kelly - o shea - dunne - kilbane

at least that muppet mcshane is not playing, but surely a better (only slightly) than kilbane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No but we should be able to do the double over Cyprus!!!!

so looks like we only have one of our best 5 midfielders playing - duff. the other 3 should only be subs. Ireland, Reid (X2) and Hunt are better players than the other 3.

Well considering both Reids are injured and Ireland seems to have no interest, other than Hunt there was really no choice. Carsley, McGeady and Duff would surely be next in line for spots. I'm sure Hunt will play a fair chunk of the game.

I do look forward to seeing Liam Miller exposed as the chancer that he is tomorrow though.

Given

--Kelly---O'Shea----Dunne--Kilbane---
    --McGeady--Carsley--Miller---Duff----

Keane--Doyle

• Advertisement

just needs confidence.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

eirebhoy has hijacked ~Rebel~'s account.

Show us what you're made of Aiden. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21xmzSgwpPo

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Show us what you're made of Aiden. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21xmzSgwpPo

I won't watch that video purely on the basis of the soundtrack. :D

DesF wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

eirebhoy has hijacked ~Rebel~'s account.

;) I think if something is said enough times it seeps into my brain eventually and I agree with it. Who knows Des, maybe if you keep up the good work I'll become a hardcore Shels fan, marry Stephen Hunt, assassinate Delaney and burn down FAI headquarters!

Nah really I do think he's a lot better then he's shown for Ireland thus far. Would love to see him in that attacking left role so he feels more comfortable, and then if/when he puts in a few decent performances, use him more on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Brazilia 3 Ireland 2 will be the final score, an open game with lots of chances..

Oh wait! Don Givens is in charge!! Brazil 2 Ireland 0 so! He's even more hopeless than Stan! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I do look forward to seeing Liam Miller exposed as the chancer that he is tomorrow though.

But he's going to be our new Keano!!!!! Just give him time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Given

--Kelly---O'Shea----Dunne--Kilbane---
    --McGeady--Carsley--Miller---Duff----

Keane--Doyle

*boggle*

Xavi6 wrote: »
    But he's going to be our new Keano!!!!! Just give him time!!!

I'll give him til the 15th minute tonight to get us to the Champions League final, the World Cup, have a fight with the manager, get sent home, write a book with Eamon Dunphy and bring his dog for a walk. But if he doesn't...

Was anyone in Bohs today getting tickets?

Was anyone in Bohs today getting tickets?

Yip. About half two.

Lol. Disorganised mess. Damn Ticketmaster.

Was it busy when you were there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement