Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router config

Options
  • 04-02-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Linksys WAG54GS from Peats, but the bloomin' firmware is in French! There are a few settings (eircom) that I'm not sure of, so if anyone can confirm what I have set...much appreciated.

Encapulsation: PPPoE
    Multiplex: LLC
    QOS: UBR/CBR/VBR (which one?)
    Detection automatique: currently deactivate, should I activate?
    VPI/VCI: 8/35
    Modulation ADSL: Multimode-T1.413-G.dmt-G.lite-ADSL2-ADSL2+ (which one do I select?)
    Username/password: eircom/broadband1
    Maintain a connection: every 60secs (is this too frequent?)

The text in bold is what I have it set to at present and works to an extent.

The Internet works when it wants to, ie, disconnects and reconnects maybe 10 mins later. Sometimes the DSL sync LED is GREEN, but the Internet LED is RED. Other times, both LEDs are unlit. On one of the status sub pages, when the DSL LED is lit, it sates the Down/upload as being 3072/384 (internet LED is unlit)

I want to make sure I have my settings correct before ringing eircom as we all know they only support netopia routers.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

humaxf1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

QOS: UBR/CBR/VBR (which one?)

Depends on the ADSL supplier but normally UBR for most.
    Detection automatique: currently deactivate, should I activate?

Automatic is fine.
    VPI/VCI: 8/35
    Modulation ADSL: Multimode-T1.413-G.dmt-G.lite-ADSL2-ADSL2+ (which one do I select?)

Depends on your exchange, g.dmt (ADSL1) for Eircom currently unless you've been upgraded.

My WAG543G (also bought from Peats, but in English) doesn't seem to have a language option. Flashing with the English language firmware could sort the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

thanks spear

With those settings changed, the connection is still bogey, so I'm onto eircom now.

The firmware isn't in French after all. There's an option in the Firmware section to change the language..sneaky buggers. English all the way now...phewwww!

Advertisement