Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna in Galway

Options
  • 04-02-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

The little bro is looking for some henna to make temp tattoos...any idea where I should go to get some in Galway? Havent tried anywhere yet, but was thinking maybe upstairs in Evergreen? Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, ask in Evergreen or Healthwise Abbeygate street.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, it is upstairs in Evergreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

or try one of the African/Asian/Mediterranian shops (there used to be one in Foster Street, and there's one across the road from Dunnes/Westside)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

cheers!

Nope, no joy in Evergreen, havent had a chance to check further afield..anyone else got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Really? I got it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Evergreen have the 'hair' henna in the boxes and in bags..they may not sell it as henna tattoo stuff, but many people use it for that - the 'black henna' anyway.

Purists use a different kind if I remember, as it stains better.. ya might want to try the import shop on Dominic st (Mill st end). Sometimes it comes in a tube, but you can make the skin kind in a paste from the powder (and add stuff like coffee to darken it) if I remember correctly from the 'lost years' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

if you cant find it around galway you can order it from plenty of places on the net from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I've bought it in that shop on the top of Dominick Street before, think it's called "Himalaya" or similar - it's one of the first shops on the right going down the hill.

Perfect, thanks everyone..yes, it's for the 'lost years' alright!! Will try that Himalaya shop so

• Advertisement
Advertisement