Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio On After Car Turned Off

Options
  • 04-02-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,
    Everytime I Turn Off Car The Radio Stays On. How Do I Wire It Up So It Powers Off When I Turn Off Car.i Have Put Radio Into Cars Before But Just Not Sure About Wiring It To Power Off When I Turn Car Off.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You Probably Reversed The Power Cables. Usually One Connects To A Always-On Supply And One Connects To A Switched Supply. Check The Wiring Diagram For The Stereo And Swap Them. Have a Spare Fuse Handy Just In Case.

Jebus it's annoying typing like that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not a 00-03 Punto by any chance is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

could be the ignition wire isn't connected properly,had that prob before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Your radio should have two 'live' wires. One is 12+ and the other is 12V+(acc). The 12V plus (usually red) connects to the battery positive (+). The 12V(acc - accessory) is usually yellow or orange and should only be connected to a circuit that is supplied with current once the ignition switch is turned to 'acc' or 'on'. It sounds to me like both of these wires are running from the 12V+ circuit i.e. both are directly connected to the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the radio loses the stations after being turned off, then the wires are reversed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

What type of car you driving? Some cars [lots of fiats/alfa's etc] don't have a 12v ignition live at the radio, others [vw/audi] have the lives you needs but they are the wrong way around. If you have a vw/audi etc try changing the 2live wires at the back of the radio. If it's a new car [within the last 3/4 years] it might be wired through can lines and you'll have to run an ignition live from the fuse box or somewhere...

So, what kinda car you got? =]

Advertisement