Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend RAM for Dell XPS 710

Options
  • 04-02-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Any help on this matter much appreciated. I am clueless about RAM.

Have a Dell XPS 710 (NON H2C but with the 8800GTX)). I want to up grade the RAM to 4 gigs due to reading that it would perform better. But there is a whole world of DDR2 PC6400 RAM out there.

I will not be over clocking or any thing so I was wondering what was a happy medium in the upgrade sense? I don't want to go overboard when I think there is no need. Also is 4x1Gig or 2x2gig better?

It is all very confusing. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I too have one of these - in the end I added another 2x512MB of PC5300 RAM to bring the total to 3GB. You cannot overclock the FSB in the BIOS, in which case PC6400 RAM will revert to PC5300 speeds (667Mhz). You *may* be able to overclock the FSB in Windows using Ntune or similar.

Advertisement