Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn Citylink

Options
  • 04-02-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Was meant to get 9:30pm bus from Galway to Clifden on Fri night...we were still standing there @ 10, so we asked 1 of the drivers of another bus parked there if he knew anything. He made a few calls and it turned out that the bus (meant to leave @ 7pm from Clifden) was cancelled due to icy roads..and not 1 sign put up to let us know of the change. Luckily we managed to get a lift home but I feel sorry for the rest of the people standing there with no way of getting home (there were about 10 people waiting.) Damn crap service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's bad form, they're usually a lot better organised than that. Wouldn't have taken much for a phone call to their man in the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I know, that's why I was so surprised! I remember the bus from Galway to Dublin came half an hour late one morning and we got a free ride for our trouble! Doesn't excuse the problem of 10 people standing there with their toes about to fall off tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

ozzyoh wrote: »
    I know, that's why I was so surprised! I remember the bus from Galway to Dublin came half an hour late one morning and we got a free ride for our trouble! Doesn't excuse the problem of 10 people standing there with their toes about to fall off tho!!

Jaysis, ya just can't bate a free ride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Citylink has nothing on Citydirect.

I hate that bus service with a passion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

As Maggie once said, taking the bus is a sign you've failed in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »

Wow, that's harsh

True, but harsh :D

Hold on, what Maggie? Maggie Simpson? She's a baby. Maggie Thatcher? Margarets Thatch?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Actually taking the bus is a sign that your Dad is pretending that he's getting old and that his knees can't handle the cycle to work anymore and so has decided that he is going to drive the car you share with him leaving you car-less in the wettest county in Ireland and kind reminders of this fact through texts from said Dad wondering if it raining in Galway today......

......anyone?

No?

Just me so.....:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hold on, what Maggie? Maggie Simpson? She's a baby. Maggie Thatcher? Margarets Thatch?! :D
    Thatcher. She hasn't gone away you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 manunited104

Citylink are a lot more reliable than that, although I never heard iof a bus going at 9pm at night to Clifden. I always use the citylink to clifden and in to galway, they have buses going to galway at all the right times. They are much better than that crappy Bus eireann

Thatcher. She hasn't gone away you know.

She just can't remember saying it.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Was meant to get 9:30pm bus from Galway to Clifden on Fri night...we were still standing there @ 10, so we asked 1 of the drivers of another bus parked there if he knew anything. He made a few calls and it turned out that the bus (meant to leave @ 7pm from Clifden) was cancelled due to icy roads..and not 1 sign put up to let us know of the change. Luckily we managed to get a lift home but I feel sorry for the rest of the people standing there with no way of getting home (there were about 10 people waiting.) Damn crap service!

Check the timetable for Galway to Clifden, the last bus to Clifden leaves Galway at 5.30pm no other bus after that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Citylink has nothing on Citydirect.

I hate that bus service with a passion.

Citydirect are a useless shower of fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

stop whining.everyone makes mistakes.I find them a good bus service.

They are reliable, with more buses going in and out of Galway. They have a bus in the morning so I can sometimes get into college at 9 in the morning if I didnt want to get in the morning rather than the night before and they have a late bus in at 6.15, that was a bus that i used during the summer if I wanted to go into town for the night out during the summer. Do u think that bus eireann would bother putting those buses there??? I very much doubt it, I'll always use citylink where I can because if we use the service theyll keep it going, doesn't it make sence????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love Citylink, an hour and a half from Limerick to Galway, takes me 2 hours to get to my house!
    It takes me 3 and a half with Bus Eireann. Ugh.

Indeed they are a lot faster and that is also my next point. I will be using them when I go to Dublin St. Patricks day for the club finals. I'm glad they are going to The clifden route cos its a frequent service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

I'm not surprised! if that happened in the Central Europe their would be up roar!, most governments require for operator passenger information to be made available for such reasons, and the digital signage they have in that new fancy coach station are just static displays! pointless information is it's not updated!

Thats got to hurt! but I hate it in this country that because our public transport is sooo!! poor it just makes us feel crap to even think about traveling on it!

Will they just get the German, French and Swiss to build us a proper system!

I'm not surprised! if that happened in the Central Europe their would be up roar!, most governments require for operator passenger information to be made available for such reasons, and the digital signage they have in that new fancy coach station are just static displays! pointless information is it's not updated!

Thats got to hurt! but I hate it in this country that because our public transport is sooo!! poor it just makes us feel crap to even think about traveling on it!

Will they just get the German, French and Swiss to build us a proper system!
    I agree that most public transport it not all that good, but I feel the private bus operators have a lot more to give than those in Bus Eireann. I was waiting for a bus eireann bus that was one day coming from clifden at 5 in the afteroon, it never showed up, Bus eireann have shuffled things a ridiculous amount of times without notice, so I wouldn blame that 9:30 bus for happening just once in a blue moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It also doesn't help that Bus Eireann give out the wrong timetables, I got one in college and when I got to Galway city at 8.40 p.m, they told me there was no connecting bus to Tuam. They left me there like an idiot. Complained and got a free ticket.
    I still prefer City Link. Drivers are nicer but you have to be careful, they tend to leave earlier than later!

Advertisement