Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #25 - Machine Head - Burn My Eyes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Awesome album.

Still as fresh as the day it was released.For me its the best debut metal album of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Was probably the first time I gave Heavy Metal a real chance. I still have my emo roots but metal is just so much fun :) helps when your step bro practices davidian on his drums non-stop. Gotta love that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Finally, it got in here. What can I say it's just a fantastic piece of metal.

I never get tired of Davidian but the highlight of the album is A Nation on Fire for me.
    Classic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have to agree with Nation on Fire there; just that davidian was my debut track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Another excellent choice for Album of the Week. This album knocked my socks off when I first heard it back in the mid 90's. It's hard, heavy and aggressive but also well-controlled. My favourite song on the album has to be Old although Davidian runs it very close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i was listening to it this morning :D (before i noticed the thread)

i love machine head at the moment, only really got into them in the last 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

They totally lost their way after The More Things Change IMO although The Burning Red had some pretty cool tracks(devil with the kings card springs to mind) and Supercharger was horrible.

Still think Through the Ashes of Empires is pretty over rated but fcuk me do I love The Blackening.

Its their best and most complete album IMO.

Ive heard it described as their Reign In Blood or Master Of Puppets and I really couldnt disagree.

Love em.

:D

Advertisement