Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing & Scarring

Options
  • 04-02-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to get the middle of my lower lip pierced (bar at first, then might put a ring in it later). I heard bars heal faster?
    Also...does it leave much of a scar?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I had my lip pierced about 3 years ago and i still have a small dot on my lip that hasnt gone away...hard to notice though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DonnaDarko

Hi,
    I want to get the middle of my lower lip pierced (bar at first, then might put a ring in it later). I heard bars heal faster?
    Also...does it leave much of a scar?
    Thanks
    i have 2 piercings on my lip..got them both done with bars as every piercer i talked to recommended that,after 3 weeks i was supposed to go back and get the bars changed to shorter ones(they put in longer ones at beginning cos of swelling,etc)but i stupidly asked for rings instead,this made them super irratated and such,but now theyre fine. just stick with the bars for the first few months.
    if you get them pierced with rings they will move around alot more than the bars and aggrevate the piercing
    my friend let his lip piercing close up,it just looks like a small dot under his lip. (though everyones will be different..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Have my snakebites done around 11 months, havent had any major problems so far, only when they flare up when i get run down...pretty much the same with any piercing though! Got them pierced with bars and had them shortened twice since so they've embedded in my lip, hurts for a couple of days but there's less damage to your teeth and gums :)
    Changed them to rings 2 months ago and they really didnt like it, the hole on the inside migrates a little to accommodate the ring, its pretty much the same kind of pain when the bar embeds, personally i found the rings irritating and made it more awkward putting on vaseline...not fun having dry cracked lips in the cold :(

*vaseline fiend* :D WOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wow, almost a year already?! i think i saw you shortly after you got them done initially.^

and yeah, they can leave scars, depends on your skin a lot, i think. i have a small scar on my belly from when i got that pierced, the piercing never gave me any hassle, and it's still in, 5+ years later, i just have ridiculously pale skin which scars fairly easily. same thing under my lip piercing, just a small red-ish scar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Thanks for the replies.

One more q...when you first get it pierced whats the story with eating and drinking?
    Is it too sore to eat or drink properly for the first few days? Or is it fine?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DonnaDarko

Thanks for the replies.

One more q...when you first get it pierced whats the story with eating and drinking?
    Is it too sore to eat or drink properly for the first few days? Or is it fine?

Thanks.
    its not too sore to eat really, its just very awkward. i stuck to things like soup for the first 2 days and then slowly started eating solids again. avoid spicy food for the first week or 2. i started drinking (water) 5mins after i got mine done, it was super awkward and i was slurping it and my friend kept mocking me because of that(and that i couldnt laugh right)so you might need a straw for the first few days.(if youre only getting one piercing it might be easier..)oh and my lips got really dry after a few days,so stock up on vaseline!!

wow, almost a year already?! i think i saw you shortly after you got them done initially.^

yea, it doesnt actually seem all that long ago! :D

it doesnt, but i met someone today who i havent seen since last march, and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that seems like years ago!

Thats insane!
    Speaking of which...haven't seen the sasquatch at all lately :(

i've gotten a few emails, and spotted him on msn a few times, he seems good... in the forward stages of planning some new ink, i think, i was trying to tell him to hold out for justin in zulu instead of just going for someone who can do it the next day he's off.

• Advertisement

excellent, whats he got planned?
    there was a new studio that opened in Dundalk a while back, havent been up to have a look around...probably should tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

are you a boy or a girl? sorry to ask such a retarded question but if your a lad, your stubble will cover any little mark it may or may not leave.If your a girl....well...your stubble will cover any little mark it may or may not leave. :D

Cherryvega wrote: »
    excellent, whats he got planned?
    there was a new studio that opened in Dundalk a while back, havent been up to have a look around...probably should tho :D

im not sure if im supposed to say, but it sounds pretty awesome. and could be partially my idea/influence...

im not sure if im supposed to say, but it sounds pretty awesome. and could be partially my idea/influence...

Sounds so exciting!!! Now curiosity really has gotten the better of me :D Must find him....i'll pry the relevant info outta him ;) lol
    Ah i'll wait, surprises are far better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zee Deveel

I don't think I've ever seen a lip ring that didn't scar at least a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I've ha my lip pierced four times now, and I always say go with the bar first! It's alot easier to keep clean IMO. The ring I found could drag any dirt or infection through the piercing and you'd be more likely to play with the ring than the bar. Eating is also alot easier with a bar too, I find that you kinda bite down on the ring alot more than the bar at first.

i found eating with the bar kinda awkward, but of course, doenst take too long to get used to. i'd agree with the rest there though.

Advertisement