Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tullamore night clubs....which is better

Options
  • 04-02-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

opinions welcome...which nightclub is the best

Loughreys/club soda

bridge House/Core nightclub

My opinion...both are as bad as each other!!!!:eek:

Which is the best ...... 3 votes

Loughrey/Club Soda
    0% 0 votes
    The Bridge House/Core Night Club
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

You should have added a "neither" option. Both are pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

maybe i will, cause as you say it...tullamore is crap!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

As a DJ in one of the venues mentioned above, I kind of agree with the "Tullamore is crap" feeling. I remember when I started 'clubbing' 12 years ago (started gigging 10 years ago), there were 5 nightclubs available to the adult population. Now, there are only 2 (with an increase in population too). The jist of the arguments about why it has gone to pot include the cost of drink, poor management by the respective managements themselves, poor opening hour structuring, amongst other things. The fact that there are only 2 clubs in Tullamore trying to cater for audiences that span about 4 or 5 different genres of music in less than a 2.5 hour period lends credence to the "can't please them all" mantra. What works for a majority means abuse given by the minority.

It sucks, I know...

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 reddyreddy

Look, i stopped going to Tullamore about 5 years ago cause both clubs are not enjoyable.

reddyreddy where would you go instead? im sick of tullamore now myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

Both places are Dirt... I wouldn't piss on the front door of either one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I hate club soda. I think its a total smokers club. Which is no good when you go out with a group and your the only non smoker. 11.50 I was charged for a vodka and red bull too.

Having said that, I'm suspicious of the bridge house vodka. there is something not right there. One saturday night we were late going out, and headed straight to the nightclub, no pre drinking. 7 vodkas later and I wasn't feeling it at all.
    The bridge have bouncers on power trips, some of them are grand. (I actually liked seamus casey! he gave me a kiss on the cheek haha) But most of them are ignorant bastards on serious power trips. Takes 3 of the big fockers to grab a 5'1, about 7 stone girl, when she was caught fighting. Jesus christ like, one was more than enough.

And even though they're strict like that, its still pretty rough. Me thinks once your kicked out, you should stay out. St.Stephens night 06 the poor DJ was knocked out with a bottle.

The dj's are the only thing that makes me go to the bridge, esp on a thursday night.
    Bar staff are completely ignorant and rude upstairs, will wrong change you a lot, and whats with charging full price for that kick sh!te they give out as red bull?

Its like, ya know the stages...
    -Sacred Heart School Disco > Rugby Club > Harriers > Bridge.

The only good thing loughreys has going for it, free before 11.

can't wait til debruns opens their club

Forgot bout de bruns opening up a club! I agree jezza be a great change!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 luvpump1

From my experiance guys and gals ... if you go anywhere too often it gets dull .. Ime off out tonight in my home town of Redditch, its dull too , but when I come over to the Flaedh in August it will be differant and fresh for me so keep an eye out f ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Tullamore has no choice if you like anything that isn't in the charts.
    Any time I go home to meet you with family/friends, I always tell them to pick where they want to go. Aside from catching up with them, I have no interest in going out in Tullamore.
    But to be fair, my taste is way outside of comfort zone of most people that would go to either of the clubs.:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    Tullamore has no choice if you like anything that isn't in the charts.

Quite a problem in clubland when you're outside of any of the major/big towns/cities in Ireland. I have tried my luck most Thursday nights in The Bridge House to play something old skool and off-the-beaten-track with usually positive results (I throw in Push, Shades of Rythm, Jam and Spoon now and again), but generally, as it is the only Thursday night venue in Tullamore, the genre has to be extremely broad for the range of patrons available on the night.

I'd love to do an Old Skool dance night, and not just the stuff that didn't make the charts, as I get lots of requests every Thursday night to play that kind of music.

Seanie.

Whats this I hear about a new nightclub on in the rugby club on saturday nights?

jezza wrote: »
    Whats this I hear about a new nightclub on in the rugby club on saturday nights?

I think it's a teenage disco that goes on there, nothing fantastic.

Seanie M wrote: »

not been smart now seanie, but i think everywhere in tullamore are teenage discos now! :eek:

Seanie M wrote: »
    Nah the one on sat nights is supposed to over 18's. They have a bebo page and all. I shall find the link.
    Its supposed to be as good as the bridge tho, so maybe you're dead right seanie. Good bit out of town too isnt it. Wouldn't like to be walking for a bag of chips in a hoop from there.
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7598212179

me thinks me is still too old for there!:oeven if it is the rugby club!:eek:

offaly1 wrote: »
    not been smart now seanie, but i think everywhere in tullamore are teenage discos now! :eek:

No offence taken! ;)

On Thursday nights, it seems to be an even keel of 18 to 25's and over 25's (who made up those age brackets for comparison before, I don't know). Music-wise, I play more 90's and some extra 80's now than I did say 6 months ago. It seems to be paying off. The trick is to encourage more people who would think the bridge house is "a young persons place" into one that anyone can enjoy, and come out and have a good time regardless. The test will be when the universities are back in session and the local youth go their seperate ways end of September.

Still, having noticed some patrons on these boards, if you have a two cents worth you'd like to throw at me, I don't mind...

...but don't throw too hard!

Seanie.

i think its more old age setting in for me!!!im over 25...! nd i think thats just my problem! i don't know who was djin on sat gone,but music was good....great infact!!!!!

god i don't know when i was out on a thursday night last....

2 cents worth, seanie! dont' play any of that hard dance techno crap!!!!! :D

did hear that there is a dicso bar/niteclub thing opening at hugh lynchs?? or am i going mad????:D

• Advertisement

did hear that there is a dicso bar/niteclub thing opening at hugh lynchs?? or am i going mad????:D

I think maybe you're going mad?? At this rate, every third pub in Tullamore will have a discobar/nightclub in a couple of years...

ah somebody said it to me but i dont' think i was listening too clearly!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clifftorious

opinions welcome...which nightclub is the best

Loughreys/club soda

bridge House/Core nightclub

My opinion...both are as bad as each other!!!!:eek:

hi every one i have read all your posts and even tho i am from athlone i can understand why its ****.anyone interested in good outdoor indoor parties look out for cyberdawg promotions on face book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clifftorious

well if anyone is looking for a good night out there is a techno,electro.dubstep night on in the thatch rahan on the 3rd of october 6 pm 10 5 euro on the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kristianobitch

:cool:Whats the clubbling scene like in Tullamore know ? Bearing in mind that it's now 2010 and well, not much has changed since 2008:D unless you think it has!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arden View's a riot this weather, or so I'm told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The new bridge is actually decent. Not that i remember much of being there, but it beats loughreys kip hands down. No longer is it the creche house. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

A couple of years ago i would have said Loughreys every day of the week, since the Bridge House has been done up it is now easily better.

When the Bridge House closed to do the work all the young crowd last summer started to go to Loughreys and they have stayed up there.

I used to go to Loughreys at least once a week but now i have not been in about 6 months.

The Bridge House is good but it is not worth the €12 admission.

With Hugh Lynchs and The Wolftrap having free entry and drawing large crowds of people who aren't kids either of these options are much better right now. Hugh Lynchs always seemm to have stuff happening too, there is always some kind of promotion going on.

Mark! wrote: »
    A couple of years ago i would have said Loughreys every day of the week, since the Bridge House has been done up it is now easily better.

When the Bridge House closed to do the work all the young crowd last summer started to go to Loughreys and they have stayed up there.

I used to go to Loughreys at least once a week but now i have not been in about 6 months.

The Bridge House is good but it is not worth the €12 admission.

With Hugh Lynchs and The Wolftrap having free entry and drawing large crowds of people who aren't kids either of these options are much better right now. Hugh Lynchs always seemm to have stuff happening too, there is always some kind of promotion going on.

need an auld night in hugh lynches./wolftrap its been ages!! havent been out in tullamore since xmas :-O

• Advertisement
Advertisement