Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sub sonics for .22

Options
  • 04-02-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

well lads. just a quick question. i have my .22 set for 50 yards with normal high velocity ammo. Im thinking about changing the scope settings to suit .22 eley sub sonics.

what im wondering is:

1 - will i lose much power and distance with the sub sonics?

2 - when i fit the mod will it effect the accuracy or will it still hit the same area that i have it set to with the sub sonics?

cheers lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

stevoman wrote: »
    well lads. just a quick question. i have my .22 set for 50 yards with normal high velocity ammo. Im thinking about changing the scope settings to suit .22 eley sub sonics.

what im wondering is:

1 - will i lose much power and distance with the sub sonics?

2 - when i fit the mod will it effect the accuracy or will it still hit the same area that i have it set to with the sub sonics?

cheers lads

Im using a cz452 with a parker hale mod on it with eley sub sonics.
    I set the scope with the mod attached and have no prob knocking rabbits out at 80 yrds .
    You may need to re zero when you fit the mod but it wont be much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

Yep the zero will change with any alteration of ammo or moderator!!
    The subs will kill out to 80 yrds not much further though.
    And there not nearly as efficent at killing!!
    I find shots have to be direct chest or head shots!!
    I personally dont like subs!!
    Go for CCI velocitors!! Great load IMO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aspects

I used to be able to buy these anyone know where I can pick them up now

Advertisement