Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] EVE, bad trial

Options
  • 04-02-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

downloaded the free trial, tried to start it and can not connect to 'tranqiulity' server.

end trial, pitty was looking for a good replacement of WOW.
    yes i checked the forums (eve) to find a solution, but the solution they describe does not match my Vista pc.

as i said pitty, would have loved to try it out

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Doesnt look like you really tried to hard to fix the issue. It's well worth getting it working to try it out, as its a great experience (even if you dont stick with it). Try the usual steps (i.e. ping the server, try re-installing it, check your firewall, oen ports etc...) and see if they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

It wasn't downtime when you tried to connect was it? Happens around 11am or 12pm for an hour or so every day.

Did you try posting on the forums with your problems or searching for threads with similar symptoms?

If you want help to connect we'll need a bit more detail. Sounds like a firewall or router is blocking the port eve uses. If you don't want help... why post?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If you don't want help... why post?

Guess he just wanted to let us know the opportunity EVE had missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

tried using the official post

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=620747

but to no avail, it is not the same setup or it's too difficult for me to get it either way i tried and failed to get it to work but end result stays the same i wont be playing this game since i can not get it to work.

what i was refering to was that creating free trials with this tinkering is not a real smart thing to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Wook wrote: »
    what i was refering to was that creating free trials with this tinkering is not a real smart thing to do ?

Not the trial's fault your PC / Router / ISP isn't letting you connect. It works fine for practically everyone else without tinkering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

We didn't want that player anyway.

Maddzy wrote: »
    Not the trial's fault your PC / Router / ISP isn't letting you connect. It works fine for practically everyone else without tinkering.

you work for CCP ?

Zillah wrote: »
    We didn't want that player anyway.

Thats fine, goodluck with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im in the same boat, looking for a replacement to WoW and EVE seems more my thing. I loved elite on the amiga
    Anyway, I cant connect for more then 2/3 mins presumably due to the whole torrent throttling/traffic shaping thing. Tried many different solutions but no success

I think CCP should find a solution to this. While its not their fault, im sure its only a matter of time before more irish isp's start traffic shaping and more people are unable to play. So I dont see any point in switching from my isp.
    Is it feasible to run the game from another port?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

PM' replied to. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Asbad wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, looking for a replacement to WoW and EVE seems more my thing. I loved elite on the amiga
    Anyway, I cant connect for more then 2/3 mins presumably due to the whole torrent throttling/traffic shaping thing. Tried many different solutions but no success

I think CCP should find a solution to this. While its not their fault, im sure its only a matter of time before more irish isp's start traffic shaping and more people are unable to play. So I dont see any point in switching from my isp.
    Is it feasible to run the game from another port?

Can you please state which ISP you are with for the record as if I come across one that is intentially throttling my connection for only using what I pay for they shall get a rather prompt phone call from me with a cancellation of my contract with them :D

you work for CCP ?

Yes and being able to state the obvious and spot whingers is how I got the job.

Maddzy wrote: »
    Yes and being able to state the obvious and spot whingers is how I got the job.

much experience , yes ?

R0ot wrote: »
    Can you please state which ISP you are with for the record as if I come across one that is intentially throttling my connection for only using what I pay for they shall get a rather prompt phone call from me with a cancellation of my contract with them :D

Looks like it's NTL. Don't suppose making eve use a proxy would help? It worked for me when I was working in a college but then again, they where only port blocking, not packet shaping :(

Mantel wrote: »
    Looks like it's NTL. Don't suppose making eve use a proxy would help? It worked for me when I was working in a college but then again, they where only port blocking, not packet shaping :(

ah NTL, same thing for me then, damn pitty game looks cool

ah NTL, same thing for me then, damn pitty game looks cool

Email/ring NTL then, if more people do that then something may be done about it. NTL users are having trouble with many online games so if you want some kind of replacement/filler for WoW your going to be quite limited until NTL/Chello get the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thats fine, goodluck with the game

Nothing personal dude, its just an Eve thing. When anything gets blown up or taken you pretend you never wanted it in the first place.

Like Delve. Hay oh!!! High five? Anyone?

Nothing personal dude, its just an Eve thing. When anything gets blown up or taken you pretend you never wanted it in the first place.

o/\o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I'm quotin' dis, but not because I am :downs:

:) i see , inside joke , sorry bout that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Sent Ntl a complaint email.
    Basically complained about the fact that they are breaching contract by not providing what I signed for and that I will be terminating the service by the end of the month if they do not "fix" the connection.

Honestly though, I don't think I will switch. Broadband in this country is a minefield, seems to be a case of signing a contract then crossing your fingers.

Anyway, hopefully there will be some solid solution to the whole thing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Mantel wrote: »
    until NTL/Chello get the finger out.
    Oh boy, you really think they can wait till hell freezes over? :D

Advertisement