Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about wood buring stoves

• 04-02-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I do not know an awful lot about wood burning stoves. I have the idea of installing these instead of fireplace, I have heard that they may be used to heat a number of rooms.

Does anyone have any links to sites and/or documentation that explains how this works and what ducting is needed etc ?

I like some of the Nestor Martin stoves are they capable of multi-room heating...

any info appreciated !

Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jude1

Hi

I want to replace my fireplace with a solid fuel stove however as my kitchen is the other side of chimney Brest and wall is free I was wondering can I get a double sided stove with glass both sides but only one door. This would sort out kitchen as well.

Regards

Jude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

jude1 wrote: »
    I want to replace my fireplace with a solid fuel stove however as my kitchen is the other side of chimney Brest and wall is free I was wondering can I get a double sided stove with glass both sides but only one door. This would sort out kitchen as well.

No sure if you can get one with only one door but you can get lots with two doors, one each side. They look great and can be fueled from both sides.

THANKS I WILL START LOOKING SO

Avns1s wrote: »

I have contacted a number of stove dealers with no luck!

Where in Dublin/North East can I buy solid fuel stove with door both sides?

Anyone Know

Regards

Jude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭sooty_soupy

Two sided stove are notorious for blackening the glass to the point that some companies have removed them from production they were giving so much bother and others just never bothered getting involved.

I'm biased, but take a look at the Clearview stoves...they are high end stoves made in Shropshire England rather than the Chinese stuff. Charnwood are also worth a look made in teh Isle of Wight and then there is Morso and Jotul made in Scandanavia. If you want a nice clean window to see your stove and it is the focal point you are looking for and one of the most efficient stoves on the world market so they are cheaper to run, then Clearview are hard to beat.

Advertisement