Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

159 Cruise Control update

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

ciarsd wrote: »
    What year JTD engine? Newer Euro iv emissions lump (JTDm) or original JTD? 8v or 16v?

I was talking from a (Nov 07 built GT) JTDm 16v experience - sorry should've stated that.
    Has anything been done about petrol engined Alfa's - not read up on them much of late?

'04 JTDm 16v model.
    Not much interest in the new petrol engines to be honest, I'm stll in mourning over the passing of the Arese V6..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

alfarocks wrote: »
    '04 JTDm 16v model.
    Not much interest in the new petrol engines to be honest, I'm stll in mourning over the passing of the Arese V6..

Me too....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

When i bought my 146 years ago the dealer gave me a business card and hand wrote the spec on its back.
    I kept it. On the spec they had alarm.

a few weeks later i realised there was no alarm. I went to them and threatened a suit saying that it was illegal to sell a product via false advertising and threatened some leglislation from the dept of fair trade and advertising.

They then went and offered me a top of the range meta system for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

deegs wrote: »
    When i bought my 146 years ago the dealer gave me a business card and hand wrote the spec on its back.
    I kept it. On the spec they had alarm.

a few weeks later i realised there was no alarm. I went to them and threatened a suit saying that it was illegal to sell a product via false advertising and threatened some leglislation from the dept of fair trade and advertising.

They then went and offered me a top of the range meta system for it!

I'm sure if this dealer knew that the cc could be fitted easily enough, there is a chance the op would have been offered it too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

*ahem*

CC was a major factor when I was originally considering my next car, but a lot of the advice I received here was that CC was no big deal.

BEFORE I ordered the car I asked how much the Servicing would cost over three years, and was told €1,800. So, the servicing is probably worth at least €1,200. I asked for specifics and was told I'd get a full service every 20k kms or every year. Bearing in mind you need a main dealer service to keep the car in warranty.

Of course it costs them less than €1,200 to service the car, but it's also a lot cheaper than €350 for them to fit the CC to my car.

The relevant costs to me are €1,200 and €350. These are the figures I needed to consider.

I imagine I could get the CC retro fitted and will look into this.

So, all things considered I'm happy with the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

smcgiff wrote: »
    Bearing in mind you need a main dealer service to keep the car in warranty.

No you don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

testicle wrote: »
    No you don't...

Go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

you must have prepared yourself for the servicing costs before you bought..!!!

€1800 sounds a bit steep for 3yrs servicing. The most you'll be getting done is oil & filters

unless they are including a full set of tyres in there aswell and an overnight stay in the Castlehyde Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    unless they are including a full set of tyres in there aswell and an overnight stay in the Castlehyde Hotel
    LOL!

Seriously tho, €600 a service sounds like you get a new gearbox every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snake Nose

BEFORE I ordered the car I asked how much the Servicing would cost over three years, and was told €1,800.

Does that include a free money-order for €1000?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Go on....

all you ned is it to e serviced at the required intervals, using manufacturer approved parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

alfarocks wrote: »
    '04 JTDm 16v model.

ha, me too - and I never got the chance to own one... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

JHMEG wrote: »
    LOL!

Seriously tho, €600 a service sounds like you get a new gearbox every time.

Well it is an Alfa...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

or maybe its two minor services and one major? you wouldnt get a 3 series serviced at a dealer for three years for less why should the 159 be cheaper?

dammnit you probably wouldnt get a golf serviced at a vw garage for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

let gerry campbell at ti look after it, he'll do a better job anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The first 20K KM service, from an Alfa service department, for a JTDm engined Alfa is between €260 - €300 providing nothing is broken, and no parts (other than the ones recommended in the service manual) are replaced.

It's usually just a check, adjustments, top ups, oil/filter/sump o-ring replacement.

Advertisement