Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA - Paper P2

• 04-02-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

It's time of year again when we all start thinking of what papers we should sit for the next set of exams.

Can anybody give me their opinions on P2 (Corporate reporting) please.
    Is it comparable to F7 (Financial reporting) in any way? I did this paper at the last sitting so thinking of going for P2 next sitting while it's still fresh in my head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

It will help that you did F7 but F7 is about accounting for transactions, P2 is a lot of theory, you could almost attempt it without a calculator.

Ask your college to provide IFRS lectures, UK GAAP is almost dead and if you want a job in a quoted company you need IFRS. IFRS are more similar than different to UK GAAP but I can’t understand why the colleges are not offering it and don’t worry if you did F7 under UK GAAP the transition to IFRS is simple at that level and the P2 IFRS course is about 20% shorter than the UK GAAP course as the IFRS standards are simpler.

Advertisement