Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help for my office

• 04-02-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Sorry, but I'd no idea where to put this. If needed please move

I'm hoping for some advice. Few people in work were talking about our heating system, it dont work. As a result seems most everyone in the office (80-100 ppl) have their own little heaters. Someone reckoned this is costing the company 30-40k annually.

Seems complete madness. Anyone know, if there is already a system in place... How much would it cost to plum lets say ... 40 radiators around a building? Now I know, I'm no muppet, that without knowing more or seeing the place its impossible to know for sure. I'm just looking for someone to give me a guestimation. 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 500k... you get the idea. If I was to go to my boss to get him to look into it I'd like to say, look if you invest you could potentially get your money back in a year or two .. three and so on. you get the idea.

Anyone have any ideas? btw I know we have 3 boilers only 1 of which we are using so I doubt it would be about expanding that. More like just pluming the lines around the building and fitting the rads.

Again, sorry for putting it here but I had no idea where to place this. Its not green issue... maybe economical ... Ive no idea what it is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Get the polish plumbers in give them a tray of beer each they will do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

now now, No need to be mean. Anyways, not sure the boss would go for that seeing as not certified not insured ;) and all that jazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

now now, No need to be mean. Anyways, not sure the boss would go for that seeing as not certified not insured ;) and all that jazz

yeah but at least I replied eh, I dont think anyone here can really help most plumbers dont hang around boards during the day and even so they would need the area specs and a lot more to even give you a guesstimate

Better off in rec/home&garden/gardening&diy

Some plumbers there!

would be very difficult to give a ballpark figure without more details; floor area for starters.

no one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Your looking at, at least €100.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

One. Billion. Dollars.
    Seriously, never post a serious question in after hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Crazy question ! and crazy employer!

I'd move jobs - there's no future in that place if that's the way they manage their heating

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Get yourself a nice thermal fleece. Penny's sell them for around a fiver. In the process you will be helping poor families in Mehico who are paid 10,000 paesos (50c) for every container the fill using only their ears. Cold office indeed. In my day offices had no roof and we only had gravel for lunch and eh! gotta go men selling ice cream at door.Well they have white coats on.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,410 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Heating with day rate electricity is madness.
    Although my boss has been known to have the radiators, plug in fire and the air con all on the go at once and just let them fight it out :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

I'm sure a plumbing company would give you a free quote on that.

Thing is that its not my building and I'm just hoping someone will tell me that 5k or 20k or 100k

Just looking for a ballpark.

I did some rough calculations in my head and lets say 40 rads and about 300m of plumming on 2 floors (1 floor is on 2 slightly differant hights). Not sure if that helps at all.
    If anyone can give me a rough guess it would be appriciated. I'm just looking to see if roughly my company would make their money back from the expenditure in 1 year, 3 years, 5 or 10 or more years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,240 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If the boilers and all that are in place and you are ok with visible pipes (Like most offices) then I think it would be around the 10k mark.
    As before, any large plumbers will fall over themselves to quote you on that...

GreeBo wrote: »
    If the boilers and all that are in place and you are ok with visible pipes (Like most offices) then I think it would be around the 10k mark.
    As before, any large plumbers will fall over themselves to quote you on that...
    Thanks great, thanks for that. That was exactly what I was looking for. cheers

Advertisement