Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stripping wallpaper problems

Options
  • 04-02-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

has anyone any tips on removing wallpaper.i moved into a new house and the wallpaper just seems to be put on over the plaster board, normally i would use a steamer or plenty of warm water from a spray bottle but this results in the outer paper holding the plasterboard together to peel away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

I see this all the time, the walls were never plastered. There is no easy way of taking the paper off, just keep at it!

You'll find that the walls will look terrible when your finished, most people get them skimmed before painting.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 the pants man

yes had a feeling all i could do is add more elbow grease, i finished one room took all the paper off filled any holes and then sanded, looks ok but not perfect. do you know anything about roll on plaster? i seen some in b&q and wondered if it was any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

the roll on stuff is pretty useless, to be honest. It wont give a perfect finish and its quit expensive, especially for large areas.
    If you can fit it into your budget to get it skimmed, you'd be better off in the long run.

Advertisement