Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooing a rifle at 45 degrees

Options
13»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

i just want to put in that a standard hollow point subsonic .22lr shot at about 20 yards at a pigeon's body does not have sufficient momentum to pierce and in most cases even dent corregated tin

Unless hollow points perform vastly differently to the solid round nose target rounds I'm pretty sure you're wrong. A subsonic target round will easily penetrate multiple inches of wood at 25 yards, corrugated metal should be easy enough (unless it's particularly thick). Depending on the angle it strikes the metal it might not pierce it but it will sure as hell dent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hollow points should impart more projectile energy, no? As it deforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

IRLConor wrote: »
    Unless hollow points perform vastly differently to the solid round nose target rounds I'm pretty sure you're wrong. A subsonic target round will easily penetrate multiple inches of wood at 25 yards, corrugated metal should be easy enough (unless it's particularly thick). Depending on the angle it strikes the metal it might not pierce it but it will sure as hell dent it.
    He's exceptionally wrong. At 25 yards, the only pigeon whose chest won't be penetrated by a .22lr round is the one wearing kevlar...

Advertisement