Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be good album to get?!

Options
  • 04-02-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hope this is in the right forum!
    I have started seeing a guy and his birthday is coming up. It's only early days but would like to get him something small like a cd, just to be nice. Stuff I've heard him listen to is Bob Dylan, the Doves, Pink Floyd and Oasis. Any ideas on a good album to get him?! I don't want to get him any albums by those as he probably already has them but I guess I just wonder - what other artist would someone who likes those artists also like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

Try Neil Youngs chrome dreams 2 or anything by the frames cant go wrong with frames album but try set list as an introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

This might be a good idea....if he likes his music. Not sure where you're based but I'm sure you can get these elsewhere apart from Dublin.

Go to a local record store and pick up a second-hand copy of one of his favourite albums on vinyl. If you're not sure which play it safe and look for a Bob Dylan.

Then pop down to urban outfitters and get a LP picture frame (€20) and frame the copy. They look brilliant on a wall. I'm in the process of framing (and backing up) all my favourite vinyl.

Make sure the record you buy is second hand as they just look better (in my opinion).

Here's a few of mine one my wall:

http://albumarchive.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/so-good-its-framed/

You should do it all for about €35 depending on what album you pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

catch--22 wrote: »
    This might be a good idea....if he likes his music. Not sure where you're based but I'm sure you can get these elsewhere apart from Dublin.

Go to a local record store and pick up a second-hand copy of one of his favourite albums on vinyl. If you're not sure which play it safe and look for a Bob Dylan.

Then pop down to urban outfitters and get a LP picture frame (€20) and frame the copy. They look brilliant on a wall. I'm in the process of framing (and backing up) all my favourite vinyl.

Make sure the record you buy is second hand as they just look better (in my opinion).

Here's a few of mine one my wall:

http://albumarchive.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/so-good-its-framed/

You should do it all for about €35 depending on what album you pick.

That's a great idea. I was thinking about doing something like that myself.

OP If you're doing this, make sure it's an album you know he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

Hey,
    Thanks for that, esp the bit about framing, that's a really good idea!
    Cheers.

Advertisement