Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii with with wiikey; partial success with backups??

Options
  • 04-02-2008 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I got my Wii wire installed with a Wiikey 1.9g. My firmware is the original and has not been updated.

A mate then allowed me to borrow some backups ( both PAL and NTSC) to test them with but I have a bad time with them so far.

About 90 % of the gamecube games work.. but my really problem is out of the 15 wii games,

Red Steel PAL
    Super Mario Galaxy NTSC
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption PAL
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure NTSC
    Super Paper Mario PAL
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves PAL
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn NTSC
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion PAL
    Mario Strikers Charged PAL
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga NTSC
    Sims 2: Castaway PAL
    Battalion Wars 2 NTSC
    Eledees PAL
    Metal Slug Anthology NTSC
    Excite Truck PAL

only 4 work excitetruck PAL, red steel PAL, Wario ware PAL and metal slug NTSC which is only 26% compatibility while Eledees and Super Mario Galaxy ask for updates. Is it possible to update with Eledees and bypass Super mario galaxys update or is there anyway to bypass updates?

Please help, my mate says "The problem is you have to configure your wii so you can play games for other regions"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

original wii firmware is it?
    that could be your problem. all the games that work seem to be early games

Don't be afraid to update your firmware, it currently can't detect the wiikey.

Do the back ups work on your friend(or is there even a friend!?)

Just make sure you dont update with a foreign game

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Help, I downloaded GCOS config 1.3 for the Wiikey in a desperate hope to get the 80% of my wii backups that don't work.. It did fix the gamecube games tho. However, when I turn on region override on, and reset console , the region overide is turned back off by itself??

I updated the wiis firmware with Eledees but that only crosses Eledees off the not working list but it doesn't help anything else?!
    Ya.. hes pretty sure they all work altho he has a NTSC wii so he wasn't completely sure about the PAL games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I have my wiikey 1.9g, and latest firmware, I use only Verbatim DVD +-, ingburn at 4X, I stay away from NTSC's and the following of your list work fine for me..afair I used SMG to update the Wii firmware.
    Someone else might expand on this but I think the thing about the 1.9g update was you have to have had your Wii firmware already updated, the 1.9g was purely to allow smG to play

Red Steel PAL
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption PAL
    Super Paper Mario PAL
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion PAL
    Sims 2: Castaway PAL
    Excite Truck PAL

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

i ordered a wiikey and was wondering does it come with software on it or do i have to put it on myself? and where can i download 1.9g seeing as the wiikey site is down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Just to confirm that I also have a wiikey installed with ver 1.9 and i have "backed up" the following games with no problems at all:

Metroid Prime
    Table Tennis
    Rayman 2
    Driver
    Mario
    Sonic Rings
    My Sims

I have a bunch more done but cant think of them right now. These are all PAL games by the way, I haven't tried NTSC games yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement