Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel thread

Options
  • 04-02-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I need to ask an excel type question but cant find a specific board
    is there a geeks forum or sumfink

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What's your question? I'm a bit of an excel god. It's possibly the nerdiest thing to be god-like at and I've no good explanation. It's just an interest of mine. A bit like a good lego-anthropological history book.

There's no forum as such. I can't see that it would get much traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

What's your question? I'm a bit of an excel god. It's possibly the nerdiest thing to be god-like at and I've no good explanation. It's just an interest of mine. A bit like a good lego-anthropological history book.

There's no forum as such. I can't see that it would get much traffic.

Good man

Here goes......

i have a pricing project to do in work

i have a worksheet with 50 plus colums and over 5000 lines.
    this is my main sheet. in this sheet i have the stock item, the supplier, freight cost, other variables affecting stock price and finally the overall price of the item

next i have the sheet split into tabs, each supplier we have has their own tab

now i want to be able to do the following
    if a supplier increases stock prices or freight costs or some other variable that effects price, i want to be able to update it in the suppliers tab but as i update it, the main sheet gets updated as well
    do i have to build a macro or is there a simple way to link it all in
    the workbook is too big to do a simple link like ''=SupplierACell2b''

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, if you really need this done, you can email the excel file to me and detail what it is (using cell references as examples) you need to do. I'll have it back to you in 24 hours (less if you email me now). Addy: hullaballoo{at}boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

first thing i'll do when i get in tomorrow is mail you a sample

cheers man

Advertisement