Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Please on Honda CRVs

Options
  • 04-02-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a second hand Honda C-RV (the new model) at the moment but am clueless.
    Any advice would be appreciated as any dealers I've been speaking to are less than clear ..

Specifically:
    1. if i buy a second hand diesel (2007 2.2) do i pay road tax based on engine size or emmissions? and how much would it be? also anyone know what carbon emmisions on CRV are?
    2. and if i pay road tax now based on engine size, do i pay next year based on the new emissions system?
    3. any one know the pros and cons of buying a recent low mileage version now for about 40k versus a new one at 46k?
    4. finally, anyone know what are the implications of the new tax regime on this model's resale value?

Finally, I am looking to trade in a 04d renault scenic megane 1.6 dynamique, with 38000kms on the clock.

anyone any idea what this might be worth? a dealer offered me only 7k but it seems to be on websites for 11 ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

1. You will pay on engine size (since its a 2007)
    2. No - you will continue to pay on engine size while you own the car
    3. Not much, a low mileage example won't have even broken in. You'll still have the remainder of the Honda bulletproof 3year warranty.
    4. I'd imagine a diesel CRV will be desireable, but currently, its about €850pa to tax, after 1/07/08 a newly registered one will be about €600pa. It's only €250pa, shouldn't really put anyone off.

For repetition, a 01/07/08 registered one will attract lower VRT (28% vs 30%), but the numbers in the grand scheme of things are small.

Re the Renault - no idea, someone else here might know.

Advertisement