Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney

• 04-02-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭

Is there a worse diver in football than this fella?

RooneyDive1710_468x416.jpg

rooneydivexk3.gif

Plus the one against Arsenal to end there unbeaten run and that one dreadful dive against City the other year that I can't find pics to just makes this little tidbit all the more funny:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article65632.ece

WAYNE ROONEY insists he would never dive ? because he is too honest.

The Manchester United and England striker underlined his determination to stay on his feet during games ? even if a growing number of players around him are dropping like flies.

He said: “I’d never dive. I’d like to think of myself as an honest player. That’s the way I play. I don’t like diving, football doesn’t need it.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

To be honest, in the modern game, he dives very little. Infact i'm struggling to think of that many dives besides the two you've mentioned (and I still don't agree that the Arsenal one was a dive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Why do players do this? He's not as bad as many but whats the point in saying something so completely hypocritical. Once he's even dived once, he cant say anything like this. Gerrard and Henry are 2 other culprits of this. Do they think we dont notice? Or that we forget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Been done to death people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

IMO it's a tactical thing. I think Gerrard does it in order to gain th appearance of not being a diver, which makes his diving more effective. If you admit it, you become a diver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Been done to death people.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement