Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Integra Type R DC5

Options
  • 04-02-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Was down test driving a DC5 today and something caught my eye. It may be nothing but i would like to ask you anyway.

So the car is only in from Japan about 3 weeks and is a 02 Year car.

Sat into it and loved it. Started the engine and it sounded sweet as i revved it it sounds great.

The car has not been serviced since arriving from Japan but for anyone owning a DC5 can you tell me.

When i turned the keys all the dash lights came on as normal. Once i started the car they all went out except for the Engine shaped light in the left hand side of the dash.

No other warning lights came on. What does that light indicate, i thought that after the full service etc it may go out?

Should it not go out once the engine is started?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's an engine management light. don't buy it till you find out why it's on, and what's been done to rectify it. It should go out when the engine starts.

Can be caused by minor issues, it could also be pointing to something more serious

Advertisement