Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Integra Type R DC5

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ive never heard of any problems reading a DC5s diag on regular diagnostics equip? the K series engine in them is pretty much the same as the one in the EP3 too so a lot of the parts will be readily available from honda dealers not to mention the people that bring in jap specific parts.,
    Personally i wouldnt touch it unless it was a VERY good deal, they might just reset the light through the ECU and it can take a few days for that to come back on depending on what the fault is. they said gearbox/engine warrenty, nothing about electrics etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

You don't need a diagnostic tool to read the faults codes. If you short out pins 4 and 9 on the OBDII connector under the dash you can get the codes. I haven't time to go looking for all the links but start with the itr-dc5 owners website and download the service manual and then match the codes to the descriptions. It's probably the o2 sensor. They do cause problems. There is no problem getting them in Ireland either. Any honda dealer will get them for you. They'll charge you over 200 euro for one but they'll get you one. Alternatively you can get a generic one (exact same part code) for around 80 euro at any motor factors. As far as I know the light does not indicate service intervals or anything liked that. Another very likely cause is the ****e petrol here in Ireland. Non turbos are not as susceptible as turbos to it but the DC5 can be affected to a certain extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I will mention the light tomorrow when i go back to see the car and i will say that i want a print out of what the problem was and what was replaced to fix it.

If they dont agree to that, then i am pulling the plug.

If they acknowledge the light and say that they will fix it in the full service they are doing on the car and guarantee the NCT test pass then i will go ahead with it.

For example, the NCT will fail the car if the engine light is on the dash so they HAVE to fix it, if they want to sell the car.

Other than that, the car is in super condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Mate my advice to you is do a lot more research on the type of car you are buying! The check light can be a number of things, most likely the o2 sensor as was mentioned. Have you checked the oil level on the car? It might sound trivial but if the car has been driven on with low oil the engine will suffer badly, vtecs thrive on clean good quality oil thats ALWAYS topped right up to the max level on the dipstick. There are so many things on this car to look out for, tired control arm bushings, smoky oil burning engine, even a poor aftermarket air filter and its engine bay position can make the difference between owning a nice tidy car and underperforming pain in the ass.

It really sounds like you are jumping in head first and buying with your heart rather than your head. Id walk away from any car that cost 16k+ and had any sort of issues like the ones you mentioned there are loads of these cars around with plenty of give on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Solid advice.

This is why i am going back down tomorrow to give the car a complete sweep. If for example it is the O2 sensor and they replace it, i will see how i feel then but you are right mate, my heart is leading me a little at the moment and i need a reality check before i pay out 18k+ for an Integra.

I DONT want to buy the Integra Private, i really want a fresh Jap import. Can you guys give me any links to Garages around Dublin that do this, maybe they have a better car for me.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement