Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Family car?

Options
  • 04-02-2008 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I currently require and drive a small van for my day to day business, but also do a lot of running around after the kids (school run etc.). Because of this i'm constantly having to swap to the family car, which is becoming a bit of a nuisance,. Are there any commercial type vehicles with back passenger seats? Is the Nissan Pathfinder one of these? The vehicle would be put through the company, so it would have to be commercial. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Kia Sedona MPV commercial has seats in the back and is also classed as a commercial vehicle.

Example:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=350475

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you will need to sign a decleration in the tax office saying that the machine will be used soley for commercial use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

I take it this means that i can't get insured to carry passengers and use it for commercial use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

norm wrote: »
    I take it this means that i can't get insured to carry passengers and use it for commercial use?
    It's a crew cab. It's designed for carrying passengers i.e. a crew.

I imagine commercial policies allow for a degree of social and domestic. Otherwise I've been driving around uninsured for the last year or so.

Advertisement