Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website review

Options
  • 04-02-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I just uploaded our website. www.fleurdesel.ie
    Can you tell me what you think?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Quite a nice site, good to see it validates :)
    Good use in pictures throughout the site.

On your 'Events' page you have a slight typo in your code.
    Line #26 </i>

One thing I don't like is the submenu's on the Specialities page (sweet crepes, savoury crepes... etc). Their also on the sitemap page. They seem out of place/ the text in the boxes just doesn't work IMO.
    I've attached a picture of what I mean.

All in all I like the site, good job and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Very Nice site, fair play to you!

Hmmm... Well if I was to pick something out that could be improved... that "links disclaimer sitemap" menu could be put further towards the footer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

kjt wrote: »
    One thing I don't like is the submenu's on the Specialities page (sweet crepes, savoury crepes... etc). Their also on the sitemap page. They seem out of place/ the text in the boxes just doesn't work IMO.
    I've attached a picture of what I mean.

Nice site ... don't like the left hand side menus though its letting the site down ... padding and size ...

don't like the way its very narrow either 640x480 ? is dead to me :D

No mention of Breton Cider :D ...

Nice use of images ... as was said as well

No Breton on the site ? (could be a nice touch)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Left menus are a little 'off' alright. Margin and padding seems wrong (too much of one and not enough of the other, basically). Needs a bit of reworking there maybe.

All good apart from that. Good use of images, as everyone else is saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eyeofbuddha

Thanks for the constructive comments guys.
    The typo is fixed, I re-worked a bit the paddings and the font size of the side navigation, fixed a bug which showed a slight gap at the bottom of the white main content div in Firefox and Safari.
    As for the 640x480 yah i'm afraid it's not going to look too pretty...
    They are still a good few improvements to make on it, but with your help we'll certainly get there!
    Anyway Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Nothing to add except I like it. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Thanks for your comments guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nice job. Nice and clean. Straight to the point & concise.

The links at the bottom of the page are a bit out of place though. I mean, they're static content which really belongs in a page footer. Now they appear at the end of the content which is of varying length and the left hand content further confuses that.

The left hand navigation is a bit confusing (depending on your entry page, maybe), but I don't like the notion that the left hand column is used for navigation, content, navigation & content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Thanks cgarvey,
    We will work on that.
    Any more recommendations?

Advertisement