Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb 2008

Options
  • 04-02-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

So its boards.ie's 10th birthday as a live stand-alone site this month. On the 12th, if this post by Cloud is in fact the first post on boards.ie.

So whats the dealio? Do we get cake? Coke cake? Hookers in cake?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

yay! happy birthday...
    hooker blow cake om nom nom

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Shush!! They'll probably expect presents from us!

>_>

<_<

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pah, never mind boards' birthday, the 12th of February is my 21st! That's far more important! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shush!! They'll probably expect presents from us!

>_>

<_<

I got it a gig of RAM, didn't you get it anything?
    Pah, never mind boards' birthday, the 12th of February is my 21st! That's far more important!
    Oh, so young. :senor perv:

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Pah, never mind boards' birthday, the 12th of February is my 21st! That's far more important! :p
    Agreed! Invite? >_>
    I got it a gig of RAM, didn't you get it anything?
    Wait! O_o

Your laptop crashes, you present Boards with extra RAM, the servers go doolalley ... am I detecting a pattern here?

Typhoid Tara, indeed!

Anyway, I was thinking more of the Famous Five ... time was you could placate DeV with a bag of gummy bears, but they're all getting more expensive tastes these days.

Even the hamsters are getting uppity!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

is the first post the same cloud as cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

faceman wrote: »
    is the first post the same cloud as cloud?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

For boards.ie birthday I would like a pony.

kthxbye

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think Vexorg is working on something.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Are you guys gonna make me an Admin?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The conversation with Cloud always makes me laugh: http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Pre-History

Its kinda spooky actually....

DeV.

6th wrote: »
    Are you guys gonna make me an Admin?
    No.

Wait... do you mean, ever?

No.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Actually I just checked out here and it seems I do become an Admin! Oh and congrats in advance to you and Regi on your civil partnership ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

nice workaround for registering the domain, i always wondered about that!

however i note the conversation on the wiki was cut short, there were a few minutes of unseen, er, text:

(17;09) (Cloud) what happens if someone tries to fight the power instead of offering feedback in the yet to be invented Feedback forum?
    (17;09) (dev) we have boston
    (17;09) (Cloud) genius
    (17;11) (Cloud) 6th for admin
    (17;11) (dev) ...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hah, if I'd known I was going to be quoted on the pre-history page I would have been a bit more careful with my grammar back then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

DeVore wrote: »
    I think Vexorg is working on something.

DeV.

For my birthday? Great! It's nice to get something back after all the hard work I put in ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

cornbb wrote: »
    So whats the dealio? Do we get cake? Coke cake? Hookers in cake?
    Boards is ten? I think a bouncey castle and chocolate cake will do.

Bouncey castle, chocolate cake, Faith ... hmm, I'm getting an interesting mental image here ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

hmm, I'm getting an interesting mental image here ... >_>

Shetland_pony.jpg

Oh Randy! Not again!

• Advertisement

:p:D

wolf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Dev wrote:
    17;00) (dev) low maintenance, high volume

yeah, good luck with that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'd like a bouncing cake and a chocolate castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Happy Birthday Boards!

CuLT wrote: »
    Hah, if I'd known I was going to be quoted on the pre-history page I would have been a bit more careful with my grammar back then.

you could say you have attained 'cult' status.....

*gets coat*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

tbh wrote: »
    yeah, good luck with that one ;)
    I just spotted that to and it was all I could do to prevent myself from letting a big "HA!" out of me here in the office :D

Advertisement