Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some BT broadband advice needed please

Options
  • 04-02-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have the BT 8MB LLU service available to me. Currently with NTL and their 6mb for €40pm service, which is generally fine.

I can get a good package with line rental, broadband and all local, national and UK landline calls for €66 from BT.

Would appreciate any thoughts on BT's service from existing broadband users, how reliable is it? Does it have any serious problems? Does it slow down considerably in the evenings etc?

I assume their technical support is about 142 times better than NTL as a field of deaf monkeys with no telephones would be better than NTL.

Anyway, advice/warnings appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Thought BT only went to 3 MB ??

I'm on their 2 MB for over 3 yrs now and i find it great, doesn't slow down in the evenings and there was only once when i couldn't connect to the net for think it was an hr or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I am in Sandyford and think BT are crap on for 30min,s off for 2--4min,s mad slow @ times man i wish I had 56k again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'm with BT and have never had a problem. I've 3mg and am well happy with it. Never had any slowdown, I seem to be always getting 1:1 contention.

Reply from boards.ie: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57

Thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Cheers all.

What about their download limits? Are they strict?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Cheers all.

What about their download limits? Are they strict?

No their not strict at all, I download an average of 35gb and upload 10/15gb a month.

I remember downloading something like 75gb one month last year and nothing being said :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep one more happy BT costumer here for a few years too.
    Fast always on and I have had good CS, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I have the same package, no major problems, always get 320k + great pings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm on the 8mb in Dun Laoghaire.

Perfect, never had a problem with speed. However I have had a few occasions of where I'm actually disconnected and have to log onto the modem and click 'connect'. No issues with cap thus far either.

Speed test pics in the speed thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

kaimera wrote: »
    I'm on the 8mb in Dun Laoghaire.

Perfect, never had a problem with speed. However I have had a few occasions of where I'm actually disconnected and have to log onto the modem and click 'connect'. No issues with cap thus far either.

Speed test pics in the speed thread.
    Upgrade the Firmware and you won't have to do that anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Nice one, thanks all for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

another happy customer here. im on the 2mb total talk package and never really had any problems. they're not strict at all on the d/l allowance. Although i did once get cut off for going over by 25gb and that was only for about 2 days until my cap reset at the start of the next month

Advertisement