Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beeping...

• 04-02-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭

This is driving me nuts..

My neighbour, 2 doors up (relatively new and not really my type of person)has a girl that calls every nite and she sits in the car and beeps about 4/5 times till someone comes out to her or if shes collecting one of them she sits there and just beeps for ages. A couple of times I have been tempted to go out and chew the head off her cos it wakes my baby sometimes, but I stop myself as i dont really like confrontation and dont really want to get into a row with these people.

I just think its so goddamn rude and bloody lazy, why cant she get off her ar*e like everyone else and knock on the door or even ring them if shes that lazy. Am I unreasonable here, I know the only way to stop it is to say something..

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Complain to her if you want to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

PI Forum!

But I'd just egg her and it'd be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I stop myself as i dont really like confrontation and dont really want to get into a row with these people.

You're right, complaining to a load of randomers on the internet is far more productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Get an air horn, next time she's outside blast it out the window at her.

Or the egg, one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

You are not being unreasonable but maybe try and have a friendly chat and try not to get too worked up when you are talking to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

<mob>Smash one of her headlights!</mob>

I think you'll have to bite the bullet and have a quiet word, if they are any way decent they will understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Did ya egg her yet?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A couple of times I have been tempted to go out and chew the head off her cos it wakes my baby sometimes, but I stop myself as i dont really like confrontation and dont really want to get into a row with these people
    There's a happy medium between saying nothing and "chewing the head off her" ... pop out, smile in a friendly way, say "hi ... don't mean to be awkward, but would you mind not beeping the horn? It wakes my baby, and it can be difficult enough to get her to sleep. Thanks a million!" Another big smile, and off you go ...

Then she can't complain that you were nasty to her in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Think its prob best to say something but these aren't very nice folk.. They are renting the house and basically dont give a **** about the place, there are all sorts of people coming and going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

D.T. Jesus wrote: »

stole my idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Call the cops, it is illegal AFAIK, or get the reg and report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

If it's waking your baby then you need to say it to her. You don't need to be confrontational. Just say it to her nicely. She should understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ask nicely. Who cares if there are 'all sorts' coming and going; they are waking your baby. If they don't comply with a simple request such as yours, then an anonymous brick through the windscreen is in order

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

D.T. Jesus wrote: »

Brilliant!! Or you could find out where she lives, sneak in to her drive in the dead of night, pop her bonnet (quiet you!) and cut the wires or pipe or whatever it is that connects up the horn! Problem solved. And you could let her tyres down for good measure.

Then again, you could always just ask her nicely not to do it, but there's no fun in that!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The simple answer is every time she does it is to run out to her car open the door and say "Oh I thought it was for me".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Potato in the Tailpipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

People this stupid and ignorant need a fork in the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There's a happy medium between saying nothing and "chewing the head off her" ... pop out, smile in a friendly way, say "hi ... don't mean to be awkward, but would you mind not beeping the horn? It wakes my baby, and it can be difficult enough to get her to sleep. Thanks a million!" Another big smile, and off you go ...

Then she can't complain that you were nasty to her in any way.

I disagree.
    Some people equate niceness with weakness.
    You have one chance to make a first impression so make an impact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

rubadub wrote: »

After 10.30pm in a built up area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Doesn't she collect / drop off drugs at the house most night's???
    Aren't they then resold from that house on to the public???

Shouldn't you really call the garda confidential line???

(Go on admit it, you're tempted)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Beeping? Thought this thread was about what lads do when they have had too many beans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

a girl that calls every nite and she sits in the car and beeps about 4/5 times till someone comes out to her or if shes collecting one of them she sits there and just beeps for ages.
    A wimmins driving a car. Who'd have thunk? They'll be getting the vote next.

Seriously though - Tell her that her honking keeps waking your baby & would she mind not doing it. If she refuses, then I'd think about taking out her headlights with a tyre iron. You'll get the Probation Act & a fine, a suspended sentence at the worst, if you plead insanity due to lack of sleep because that biatch keeps waking your kid. I've 2 young lads of my own & I feel your pain.

Gillo wrote:
    Doesn't she collect / drop off drugs at the house most night's???
    Aren't they then resold from that house on to the public???

Shouldn't you really call the garda confidential line???

(Go on admit it, you're tempted)
    Genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Correct-anyone that stupid doesn't do logic or manners.

Out you go " Stop honkin that fcukin horn you cow, or I'll break every fcukin windie in that car right now!!!"

Helps if you have a fairly wild and unkept appearance.

Turn around and in.. chop chop prob. solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

molotov cocktail FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Einstein wrote: »
    molotov cocktail FTW
    Fire brigade sirens would only keep the kid awake longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Fire brigade sirens would only keep the kid awake longer.
    true...maybe walk up to the car window with the rag on fire and smile saying...

"Hiiiii, I live 3 doors down, I dare you to beep your horn again..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Am I unreasonable here

No, you are not. The lazy tub of lard needs to read the rules of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Egg her, if that dont work, brick her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Go out to her and hand her a copy of the rules of the road and tell her to look at the page where it says that beeping of your horn is not allowed in built up areas from dusk onwards. This would also be grounds for a complaint to the Gardai.

Just tell her that it is waking you child up and would there be any possibility of her not doing it.

• Advertisement

Toots85 wrote: »
    pop her bonnet ..............pipe ............. horn!...................do it.......

[butthead] Uh huh huh huh huh.......huh huh huh.....Pipe...[/butthead]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just go out to her, get her to roll down the window and then stick a knife in her neck. That'll learn her.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Just go out to her, get her to roll down the window and then stick a knife in her neck. That'll learn her.

Helpful, cheers..

If it happens tonight Im going to say something (politely) if i can... Im ready for them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

[butthead] Uh huh huh huh huh.......huh huh huh.....Pipe...[/butthead]

You had the words "pipe" and "horn" in the same sentence and you picked "pipe" to Butthead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Telepathically send messages of disgust to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

And I'm sure pop her bonnet can be an innuendo of some sort aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Helpful, cheers..

If it happens tonight Im going to say something (politely) if i can... Im ready for them..

TBH she sounds like an idiot and won't listen to a word you say, she knows full well that she's annoying people with her beeping. Do tell her that she's waking your baby and then call the gardai with her reg plate when she wont listen to you. I can understand how annoying it is and I wouldn't put up with it!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

A flaming bag of poo might be just the trick here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

What time does she beep at?

Maybe she has tourettes and does it to mask her swearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Originally Posted by rubadub
    WindSock wrote: »
    After 10.30pm in a built up area

Using a horn
    Only use a horn to:
    -warn other road users of on-coming danger, or
    -make them aware of your presence for safety reasons when reasonably
    necessary.
    Remember, the horn does not give you the right of way.
    Do not use a horn in a built-up area between 23.30hrs and 07.00hrs unless there is a traffic emergency.
    http://www.rsa.ie/PUBLICATIONS/upload/File/ROTR_2007.pdf
    I doubt she is doing it for safety reasons, so you could call it disturbance of the peace. Or just do the decent thing and brick the kunt, no point wasting garda time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Correct-anyone that stupid doesn't do logic or manners.

This is very true, you'll get nowhere being polite they'll just laugh at ya.

Oriel wrote: »
    What time does she beep at?

Between 6 and 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

I'd just say it to her, shes a woman, im sure she'll understand!

After that if it keeps up just ring the popo's althought doubt there's a lot they can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

The simple answer is every time she does it is to run out to her car open the door and say "Oh I thought it was for me".

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a megaphone and stand in front of your house and in your best scanger voice: "Johnny will ye get out here, yer wan wants to go for a roide."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Run out butt naked and slap your dick in her face, then scream "Beep this horn, bítch".

That should get you a few years in jail. When you get out everyone where you live will move because that "weird sex offender" is moving back into the estate. Problem solved.

Run out butt naked and slap your dick in her face, then scream "Beep this horn, bítch".

That should get you a few years in jail. When you get out everyone where you live will move because that "weird sex offender" is moving back into the estate. Problem solved.

If i had a dick i would:D

I went out to her last nite and calmly asked her would she mind not beeping as it wakes me little one sometimes.. she told me to fcuk off that she'd do what she wanted.

As i said these aren't my kind of people, I just took her reg n walked off and said your gonna regret that.. She was roaring after me. Kinda nervous now though, not the sort of people u want to get on the wrong side of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

she sits in the car and beeps about 4/5 times till someone comes out to her or if shes collecting one of them she sits there and just beeps for ages.

That's just not normal! I'd go out and nicely (maybe with a little sarcasm) explain that her honking is disturbing your baby and depending on her reaction either thank her for her co operation or smash in one of her headlights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I went out to her last nite and calmly asked her would she mind not beeping as it wakes me little one sometimes.. she told me to fcuk off that she'd do what she wanted.

You totally disregarded my advice in this thread. :mad:
    I told you, people like this equate niceness with weakness! You've told her she will regret it and if you don't follow through today or tomorrow then she will know that you are harmless. Which you are. (harsh but true)

Your chance to make a first impression is gone so you can't approach her now.
    Have you a husband or partner who can sort this today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Is there any point in saying it to your neighbour?

• Advertisement
Advertisement