Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beeping...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

micmclo wrote: »
    You totally disregarded my advice in this thread. :mad:
    I told you, people like this equate niceness with weakness! You've told her she will regret it and if you don't follow through today or tomorrow then she will know that you are harmless. Which you are. (harsh but true)

Your chance to make a first impression is gone so you can't approach her now.
    Have you a husband or partner who can sort this today?

Yes I do, he's usually not around when it happens but will be there tonight..

Orlee wrote: »
    Is there any point in saying it to your neighbour?

No not really, I have attempted a few hello's if we pass each other on the street and she generally ignores me so don't relish the idea of talking to her. These people are basically dog rough and not approchable.. They are renting the house so just hoping it will just be a yearly contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Here's hoping!

There's nothing worse that ignorant neighbours :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm still leaning towards the airhorn. Either that or your local gardai may be willing to have a private word, particularly if someone is being a persistant nuisance.

Failing that boots with secret blades in them. Ninja kick those tyres! Hi ya!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Orlee wrote: »
    There's nothing worse that ignorant neighbours :(

Incorrect. Nazis are worse than ignorant neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I stand corrected!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If i had a dick i would:D

What about a strap on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

They are renting the house

Would you be able to report them to their agent or landlord? They may not be as quick to tell them to f**k off as they are to say it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes, that would get under my skin too... big time.

I would go out to her and ask her to have som fcuking manners..

that, or throw the baby at her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Actually, a failsafe method...

Next time she beeps.. walk out knock on the car window holding a bible and talk about how Jesus is our saviour and how he talks to you.

Time after that do the same,..

The third time.. she'l get her lazy ass out of the car and use the doorbell

Just a quick update - it hasn't happened since.

Sometimes its enough to ask something nicely without resorting to threatening all sorts as had been suggested here.

She obviously went off and realised what a cow she was being so she stopped. Good job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Pay a bunch of kids two large bags of Jalepeno crisps to bottle her car.
    Every night.

This idea may be derived in whole or in part from an episode of Trailer Park boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

you need some friends with really loud motorbikes to follow her to her house and do burnouts in her driveway/on her bonnet

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Go out to her and in a sort of Samuel L. Jackson sort of way say:

"Blow that horn again, I dare you" at which stage you have some sort of weapon in hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

say to her, in a Donegal accent "Do ye want yer horn fixin, hai?" then stare at her unnervingly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement