Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista search

• 04-02-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Does it work? :confused:

I'm trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my install or settings, or if this is just another one of those Vista things that don't work...

Searches just don't work, full stop. Doesnt matter if indexing is on or off. Never shows up any results. Even a blank search of the entire system (all hard-drives, non-indexed, hidden etc) for all files greater than 1mb only shows up a couple of results.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just to be expected with Vista?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Search works fine for me. Could be something wrong with your search preferences or else it could be a slightly dodgy install of Vista on your comp. Happened to a fair few people for some reason in that Vista seemed to install fully with no problems but had some little niggle that regular testing didn't discover.

Happened to me that I was having an issue with Vista not remembering my Wireless passwords and that the Windows games wouldn't install or work. Ended up doing a fresh install which remedied it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

That's grand, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was 'supposed' to be broken (like the slow file transfers) before I wasted loads of time trying to fix it. I'll see what I can do, I only did a fresh install recently so that'd be a last resort.

That's grand, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that was 'supposed' to be broken (like the slow file transfers) before I wasted loads of time trying to fix it. I'll see what I can do, I only did a fresh install recently so that'd be a last resort.

Cool. Shouldn't be that then but from what I have seen, Vista's main problems are derived from it not always installing correctly. Hope you get it sorted easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,941 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You always have to do an advanced search pretty much.

I was having trouble in work the other day with the search in Vista. We scan the serial numbers of all the items we purchase into Excel sheets saved on a network PC. If any device is returned faulty I need to scan the number to see where and when we got it. But I just couldn't work out how to get it to search for files containing text <whatever>. I ended up using a third party search app because I was too frustrated.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    You always have to do an advanced search pretty much.

Haven't had to use an advanced search myself yet.

I have indexing turned off and only ever use the search box in the Start menu. Haven't had a problem with doing it that way. Always finds what I am looking for.

Advertisement