Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Range Help

Options
  • 04-02-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How much would it cost to get something like this done in dublin?
    just the dragon part not the tiger!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

it all depends they can charge by the hour between €80 to €350 hour depending how good the artist is.How long did your sleeve take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I dont know anywhere in ireland that charges 350 per hour.
    ballpark figure would be about 1000 - 1300. but im not too sure, piercings are more my thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

davey180 wrote: »
    it all depends they can charge by the hour between €80 to €350 hour depending how good the artist is.How long did your sleeve take?

ha, long time no see.

better luck this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You're back???
    Good God.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

you should be thinking about the artist and not the price. price means nothing when it comes to tattoos. Some artists can put on a top class tattoo in 3 hours, while another artist will take 5 hours for similiar tattoo but of a lower quality. So you could be paying more for a lower quality piece. You are better off finding an artist you like and a design you like and waiting till you can afford what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

you should be thinking about the artist and not the price. price means nothing when it comes to tattoos. Some artists can put on a top class tattoo in 3 hours, while another artist will take 5 hours for similiar tattoo but of a lower quality. So you could be paying more for a lower quality piece. You are better off finding an artist you like and a design you like and waiting till you can afford what you want.

Seconded

Wilburt wrote: »
    I dont know anywhere in ireland that charges 350 per hour.
    ballpark figure would be about 1000 - 1300. but im not too sure, piercings are more my thing

if the tattoo takes 4 to 5 hours it would be about €325 an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There's no way the tattoo the person was asking about would take 4-5 hours- it's a full coloured sleeve.

Gauge wrote: »
    There's no way the tattoo the person was asking about would take 4-5 hours- it's a full coloured sleeve.
    how long would a full sheve take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

depends on the level of detail and coverage. personally i dont have a clue the length of time

• Advertisement

For a decent full colour sleeve your looking at around the twenty hours mark, this will vary on the size of your arm and how fast the artist is. But twenty is roughly the average

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say from the pic shown and the level of detail/multi-tonal shading that it'd be 20 minimum...

But seeing as the OP was asking about JUST the dragon, I'd say 5-6 hours, but that's just a rough guess!

I'd say from the pic shown and the level of detail/multi-tonal shading that it'd be 20 minimum...

But seeing as the OP was asking about JUST the dragon, I'd say 5-6 hours, but that's just a rough guess!
    jesus 20 hours of pain!!!

jesus 20 hours of pain!!!

correction 20hrs of pleasure.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

"invalid attachment" ??

Advertisement