Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Ace Combat 6 worth buying

• 04-02-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭

I have been looking Ace Combat 6 for a while in the shops and was wondering if it is worth buying. Review sites are very mixed.

I have'nt played flight sims in years (commodore 64 game and an early PC one pre 9/11).

Is is difficult to get the hang of and is it boring or good.

Currently playing COD4, Assasins Creed, FIFA08. Loved Forza 2 but sold it for COD4. As you can see no flight games at all !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I have no experience with the game, but there's a demo for it up on XBL marketplace that you should check out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's alright, give it a try if you like that sorta thing. Personally i think Crimson Skies is a lot better (i think it's downloadable as an xbox classic on the 360)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you liked the other games, then you will like this. The reviews all say that if you were a fan of the gameplay from previous versions, then you'll be happy, as not much has changed. The single player story is a bit...strange (my least favourite from Ace Combat 4 onwards), but multiplayer dogfighting is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Played demo, wasn't too impressed, thought it would be a bit more advanced or complicated but it's simple enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

Might just rent it out if it is available, to be on the safe side. Could'nt be bothered with a big download on a 2Mb connection.

None available second hand but probably very few bought it in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you checked eBay? Seems to be going for about £27 on that.

I'm in the middle of playing it at the moment and I quite like it. It's not too complicated, if you like pointy shooty then it's pretty good. Wouldn't pay €75 for it (I chose it in my bundle because it was very expensive) but I see it's on Play for €55.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Keith186 wrote: »
    Played demo, wasn't too impressed, thought it would be a bit more advanced or complicated but it's simple enough.
    Its not supposed to be. Its an arcade flying game, not a sim. Its purely for mindless, great looking, dogfighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Damien360 wrote: »
    Might just rent it out if it is available, to be on the safe side. Could'nt be bothered with a big download on a 2Mb connection.

1gb+ downloads are not a bother for a 2Mb connection, does not take that long at all. If you were on a 512kb connection then yeah sure but....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Damien360 wrote: »

saw it in gamestop 2nd hand the other day, the knockdown bargain price of €69.00, DL shouldn't take to long on 2mb, took me bout 40 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Its my first AC game, and i loved it. The 'story' is pure garbage and will drive you up the ****ing wall listening to people telling other people to 'go dance with the angels', but the game is fantastic and looks absolutely amazing. Definitely worth a punt at any rate

• Advertisement
Advertisement