Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV from a bricks and mortar

Options
  • 04-02-2008 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having experienced the quality of the junk CCTV cameras that you can buy from eBay, I have now learned the hard way to spend that little extra to get quality!!

Anyone know of a good supplier. Ideally based in Dublin?

THanks,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

maplins do the swann brand which is quite good, or their cheaper own brand nikkai stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Hmm....they all seem to be 420 or 480 line resolution. I wonder should I not be looking for 520 for best results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Neutech

480 TVL is good 530/540 is excellent but if u plig it into a crappy cheap DVR you'll get poor results, its all to do with chipset like HAD / SuperHAD / HQ1

Greenhills are in Dublin so are a few others but you need to be trade ideally to buy from them

Advertisement