Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bangers, spanners and mechanical problems

• 04-02-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

*Kol* wrote: »
    Wrong thread for a question (mods feel free to move). Is it giving you grief or is it beyond repair? Hardly seems worth buying an entire (petrol engined) camper to fixed your engine?

hi camper guy here where would be a good thread to discuss bangers spanners and mechanical problems.As though not being able to fix my ducato myself frustrates me ,its been a challenge and i have enjoyed:) the thrills and spills of the learning curve.
    any advise appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

your wish is my command ;)

correct thread created ...

(next time just start one yourself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

fiat ducato 2ltr petrol backfires like mad . changed spark plugs, distributer, coil, leads, had carb checked over by mechanic says its ok.

Cant get the timing to advance properly so when timing is set it changes again.

Back fires on decelleration and when changing up from first two second.

any ideas appreciated.

and if something comes up that ive seen before ill throw in my two cents worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

camper guy wrote: »
    fiat ducato 2ltr petrol backfires like mad . changed spark plugs, distributer, coil, leads, had carb checked over by mechanic says its ok.

Cant get the timing to advance properly so when timing is set it changes again.

Back fires on decelleration and when changing up from first two second.

any ideas appreciated.

and if something comes up that ive seen before ill throw in my two cents worth.

Perhaps the mechanic who checked your carb could have shed some light on the cause of your problem? Or at least set you in the right direction? I wouldn't throw any more parts at it. Maybe you could get a second opinion from a mechanic tht can tell you what is wrong rather than what is ok?

*Kol* wrote: »
    Perhaps the mechanic who checked your carb could have shed some light on the cause of your problem? Or at least set you in the right direction? I wouldn't throw any more parts at it. Maybe you could get a second opinion from a mechanic tht can tell you what is wrong rather than what is ok?

their arnt many more parts i can get for this van . its a simple old system thats the frustrating part. awfull job getting anyone to look at this thing.shes going back to origanal mechanic on thursday. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Could be the springs in the dustrubitor ( I take it you only replaced the distrubitor cap) or an air leak on the inlet manafold (crack or bad gasket)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Capacitor on distributor if one is fitted. Bad earth lead on battery some times wreaks havoc with engine under load.

kadman

hi guys thanks for the imput it turned out to be the ignition unit in the end after i replaced the bes part of the electrical system

Advertisement